How to speaking English good?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

egorlas

How to speaking English good?

Post by egorlas »

Hey everyone, I am english learner, my accent very bad, so I try to watching videos and movies and repeat and repeat many times this setences. But I don't think that is good ideal. Is that better ways to practice my accents well?
Kabiru

Re: How to speaking English good?

Post by Kabiru »

It depends on the types movie you are watching but i advice you to rely on the most enlightening one
saharsiddi

Post by saharsiddi »

egorlas wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 am Hey everyone, I am english learner, my accent very bad, so I try to watching videos and movies and repeat and repeat many times this setences. But I don't think that is good ideal. Is that better ways to practice my accents well?
Though I am also a beginner, but I can suggest you, if you want to improve your accent you should try tongue twisters. It may help you to speak not only fast but also more clear accent.
lumusislight

Post by lumusislight »

Tongue twisters is a good idea. There are so many resources that help you repeat them clearly and correctly (on Youtube in particular, and for ESL students too). But all the same, you need to listen to the native speakers all the time in the real life situations. Educational films (I mean those that are suggested by the English teachers and on the official websites like BritishCouncil) could be helpful. If you watch just random films, there'll be no noticeable progress.
English Teacher
Author of Color Specter (When People Are Blind) review by Sandra Johanson in University of Western States writemyessayfast.org editorial team.
theway

Post by theway »

Speaking 'good English' is not difficult to do. You can do it now...

Reading out-loud is speaking English. Reading a well-written English book is (in essence), speaking good sentence structures.

Concentrate; learning English with your eyes... not your ears...

: )
NativeHK

Post by NativeHK »

Make sure you listen to music in English as well, I find when learning another language this really helps
sershat

Post by sershat »

To watch movies and repeat can be good practice. Some courses use this method. You watch some video, listen, repeat, record. what you say and compare with an original pronounciation. But don't be worried much about your accent. First of all, if you are not a kid, it's very difficult to get rid of accent. And there is no problem it. Nowdays., half of the world speaks English and often not so good English. And it's Ok. The main target is to communicate. For this you need to have a good vocabulary and develope your speaking skills. If people understand you, it's enough at this stage. And when you get to an English speaking environment, your prounonciation will be improved very fast.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Do you want to speak English good or well? :twisted:
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
sassybear

Post by sassybear »

I get it. Sometimes, you feel miserable about it, trying so hard just won't make it.

1. talk more in English, especially to your mum or dad (surely they have a better English accent?). Well, you can chat to friends too. Besides, it doesn't really matter who you talk to. Just say something in English (not just for 5 min, whole day may work better)

2.continue watching movies and videos, but with English subtitles. This may help. Btw, I am trying this
way too. Please don't blame me if it doesn't help :/ I am just a Chinese :( Hey, that's not what I wanna choose. If I can choose, I hope I am born in US or whatever. US girls are pretty :lol:

I have a friend. She is superrrrrr good at English which doesn't read books either speak English all day long. She just chill and relaxes at home and watches youtube (but anyways she has UK passport, probably her speaking English is better?)

If you find another better way to improve, remember to tell me :)

~sassybear