informal letter

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Christin

informal letter

Post by Christin »

Hi all, could somebody correct this letter and find some mistake,please?

Dear Ann,
Thank you very much for your invitation to England. It was really amazing to see you after a long time. I also want to thank you for accommodation in your house. I felt like at home and your parents are very nice. I enjoyed the most sightseeing signifiant sights, especially Buckingham Palace.
Next weekend I´m going to go to our cottage in Scotland. If you have free time, you can go with me. Give my regards to your Mum mand Dad.
Hope to hear from you soon,

Julia
jonathanrace
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: informal letter

Post by jonathanrace »

Dear Ann,
Thank you very much for your invitation to England. It was really amazing to see you after such a long time. I also want to thank you for the accommodation in your house. I felt at home and your parents are very nice. I enjoyed sightseeing the most, especially Buckingham Palace.
Next weekend I´m going to go to our cottage in Scotland. If you have free time, you can go with me. Give my regards to your Mum and Dad.
Hope to hear from you soon,

Julia
I can help you Learn English
Christin

Re: informal letter

Post by Christin »

Thanks for your correction...My teacher corrected the sentence ''Thank you for the accommodation in your house.'' This sentence is supposedly wrong and doesn't make a sense, she said and I don't know why. She suggested using something like "Thank you for accommodating me in your house." or "Thank you for letting me stay at your house." There is supposed to be a determination. Is she right? I'm a bit confused. Thank you in advance.