Help with this movie fragment

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Milino

Help with this movie fragment

Post by Milino »

Hello, everyone, this is my first post here and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this: I'm creating the subtitles for a really obscure horror flick from the 70s and there's a part that I just can't understand, even though I've played it several times. From 00:08 to 00:12, I just cannot understand what the actress says. Something like "The fund will continue to pay for...". Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZRS1MD ... e=youtu.be
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Help with this movie fragment

Post by Joe »

And the house. Everything is mine now. The Trust will continue to pay for its upkeep just as it's done in the past. Is that clear? :twisted:

It is a bit mumbled, I agree...
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Milino

Post by Milino »

Thank you, Joe, that's it! It makes perfect sense and I figured it was something along those lines, but I just didn't want to make it up.
And, yes, the word was "trust", not "fund", I don't know why I mixed those two up.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

No problem. Anytime 😊
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Milino

Post by Milino »

Joe wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:03 am No problem. Anytime 😊
Anytime for real? Because I do this regularly (create subtitles for obscure horror flicks, I mean) and, occasionally, I have a hard time understanding the spoken lines. Could I use this specific thread for similar purposes later? I don't think flooding the message boards asking for help with similar situations would be the smartest thing to do. I'm asking you, because I notice that you're an admin. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Sure, no problem. It's also good practice for other learners.

Actually it would indeed be better to create a new topic for each question, or perhaps for each movie—eg if you had several clips from one movie they could all go in one topic. Also, please clearly label each topic (subject) such as "Help with audio - A Taste of Evil movie". So, to recap, please create a new topic for each movie.

What you did in your first question was helpful, with the timing and "something like wording".

Help Each Other with English
viewforum.php?f=139

Milino

Post by Milino »

Joe wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:42 am Sure, no problem. It's also good practice for other learners.

Actually it would indeed be better to create a new topic for each question, or perhaps for each movie—eg if you had several clips from one movie they could all go in one topic. Also, please clearly label each topic (subject) such as "Help with audio - A Taste of Evil movie". So, to recap, please create a new topic for each movie.

What you did in your first question was helpful, with the timing and "something like wording".

Help Each Other with English
viewforum.php?f=139
Ok, I'll follow your advice, then. Thank you! {-;