Vanished Buildings

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Vanished Buildings

Post by SitangCampus »

I have lessons on Monday, after that I have other business in another campus, then I was much surprised when I visited the campus again on Thursday, to see that two buildings had been removed totally.

Some workers were working on laying sods (grass plots) where the two structures had stood, so I asked them what was the matter, they said they did not know anything about it, and that they were here to work as instructed by their boss.

Later I read the notice that on Saturday (May 11, 2019), some big wigs from the central and local governments will visit this campus (The officials will make important decisions after their visit). Some unsightly buildings even in working conditions must be out of the sight of the officials, because they will tarnish the image of the school undoubtedly.
jonathanrace
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Vanished Buildings

Post by jonathanrace »

Maybe they were never there to begin with...

:!!:
I can help you Learn English
Safari
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Safari »

Excellent point. Perhaps Sitang was hallucinating??
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

jonathanrace wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:03 am Maybe they were never there to begin with...

:!!:
You do not seem to be able to appreciate Chekhov-style irony, to find a short story such as "Chameleon" to read at first.
Safari wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:53 pm Excellent point. Perhaps Sitang was hallucinating??
You look like more a fuss-maker than a serious talker. Make some decent topic and let us have a talk like adults.