Meaning phrase - "tapeless jig"

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Bartalameu

Meaning phrase - "tapeless jig"

Post by Bartalameu »

Hi guys! Anybody know what exactly mean the phrase "tapeless jig", what is it ?
I can`t find anything about it in the vocabulary and in the Google.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Meaning phrase - "tapeless jig"

Post by Joe »

Can you give context? Where did you find it? Can you show it in a sentence?
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Bartalameu

Post by Bartalameu »

Joe wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:13 am Can you give context? Where did you find it? Can you show it in a sentence?

Oh, i want insert some image with table where this phrase is, but i can`t do it .
I just write the one row where it is.

Chuck-type (Ceramic or metal vacuum, tapeless jig, mechanical vice, magnetic vice)
Bartalameu

Post by Bartalameu »

If i right understand it`s about some sort of vice, i about "jig" in this context, but meaning word " tapeless" is a big puzzle for me
Bartalameu

Post by Bartalameu »

Sorry, just understand that i can insert reference on this site where it is. It` possible find in all table for all machines on this site

http://www.loadpoint.co.uk/dicing/dicin ... /#section2
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Well it's clearly a specialized piece of engineering equipment. A "jig" is a device that holds a piece of work and guides the tool operating on it. "Tapeless" presumably means "without tape" (whatever that means!). And in this case the tapeless jig is the type of "chuck", which is a device that holds a tool.

I have no idea really, but the following video "ADJUSTABLE JIG FOR RESIZING TAPE" has a roll of tape in the initial image and "tape" in the title, so there may be some connection - or not...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJvJ7eicB4I
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Bartalameu

Post by Bartalameu »

Joe wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:59 am Well it's clearly a specialized piece of engineering equipment. A "jig" is a device that holds a piece of work and guides the tool operating on it. "Tapeless" presumably means "without tape" (whatever that means!). And in this case the tapeless jig is the type of "chuck", which is a device that holds a tool.

I have no idea really, but the following video "ADJUSTABLE JIG FOR RESIZING TAPE" has a roll of tape in the initial image and "tape" in the title, so there may be some connection - or not...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJvJ7eicB4I
Big thanks Sir for your answer !