"Bold move." Adjective-Noun or Adverb-verb

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Lolfaceftw

"Bold move." Adjective-Noun or Adverb-verb

Post by Lolfaceftw »

Hi, so I took an exam and the directions show to tell whether or not it's Noun-Noun, Adjective-Noun, or Adverb-Verb.

One states, "12. Bold move"

I answered Adjective-Noun, and I was wrong. I chatted my teacher why he/she said that it answers the question how? Yet, I was utterly confused because the adverb form of bold is boldy. Despite my statements, my teacher still won't get convinced and insisted that it is adverb-verb. Am I wrong?
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: "Bold move." Adjective-Noun or Adverb-verb

Post by Joe »

Lolfaceftw wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:55 pm Hi, so I took an exam and the directions show to tell whether or not it's Noun-Noun, Adjective-Noun, or Adverb-Verb.

One states, "12. Bold move"

I answered Adjective-Noun, and I was wrong. I chatted my teacher why he/she said that it answers the question how? Yet, I was utterly confused because the adverb form of bold is boldy. Despite my statements, my teacher still won't get convinced and insisted that it is adverb-verb. Am I wrong?
In my book bold move is adjective noun.

boldly move = adverb verb
move boldly = verb adverb
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Lolfaceftw

Post by Lolfaceftw »

Thank you for the fast reply, how do I convince my teacher though?
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Lolfaceftw wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:03 pm Thank you for the fast reply, how do I convince my teacher though?
haha. That's for him/her to know and you to find out :mrgreen:

https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/parts-of-speech.htm
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Lolfaceftw wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:03 pm Thank you for the fast reply, how do I convince my teacher though?
Also, just look up bold in any dictionary. It does not exist as an adverb. The adverb form is boldly.

Lolfaceftw

Post by Lolfaceftw »

But he/she constantly tells me, it answers the question how?
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Lolfaceftw wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:22 pm But he/she constantly tells me, it answers the question how?
how what? how does it move?

It moves boldly answers that question.

Lolfaceftw

Post by Lolfaceftw »

Okay, thank you for your response. I'll try my best to convince my teacher. Thank you and keep on doing God's work!