Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Hasib

Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Hasib »

1. I don't want to see any more posts submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

2. I don't want to see any more submitted posts claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

3. I don't want to see any more posts being submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.
Safari
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Safari »

Hasib wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 am 1. I don't want to see any more posts submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

2. I don't want to see any more submitted posts claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.

3. I don't want to see any more posts being submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment by God.
It's hard to say because you don't explain the context. But in general, the most natural would be:

I don't want to see any more posts claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment from God. :ok:

However, IF you are for example a webmaster and responsible for forum post submissions, then it might be appropriate to say:

I don't want to see any more posts submitted claiming that Covid-19 is a punishment from God. :ok:
Hasib

Re: Do these sentences have same meaning? Which sentences sound more natural to you? :geek:

Post by Hasib »

What's the problem in number 3 sentence ?
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Hasib wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 am What's the problem in number 3 sentence ?
It’s not English.

We say “punishment from God”.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Hasib

Post by Hasib »

Sir is there any difference between "being sumbitted" and "submitted". I have a confusion in there meaning.
Hasib

Post by Hasib »

Hasib wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:19 pm Sir is there any difference between "being sumbitted" and "submitted". I have a confusion in their meaning.