Teaching English to Young Learners

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

ezgiisk

Teaching English to Young Learners

Post by ezgiisk »

How can a child who learns English as a second language use this language more actively in daily life?
ecemgunay

Re: Teaching English to Young Learners

Post by ecemgunay »

Hello Ezgi teacher. In my opinion, if we use the words we use in daily life to the child in English, a child can use this language more actively in his/her daily life. For example, instead of saying "su" you can say "water". The more they hear this language, the easier it will be for them to acquire it. so we should use daily words in daily life for the children.
Lexxisriennnl

Post by Lexxisriennnl »

In my opinion, the best way to help young learners is to engage them in some kind of game. In such a case, they will definitely participate in the learning activities (cause they differ a lot from the standard ones).
Also, video materials can be a great additional source. The main issue - not to make them bored. Learning should be exciting.
NicolePan

Post by NicolePan »

I have an internship experience in an English preschool education institution. I think a good way to teach young learners is: 1. Repeat the content of the teaching 2. Use interesting teaching props to assist, combining visual memory and brain memory
Education Shapes Future.Teaching in China, help others shapes a better future.