I've got some funny practice on one link below

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... oBc3X1kzVu
Ainesh
Rising
Rising

Re: Tips for Listening

Post by Ainesh »

Here's my half funny advice

Listen Blitzon Bl bl blossom we are listeners blossomers Listen listen Liisten bababa bum-is-zo bum-is-zo bu--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz till we sleep we are listeners blossomers flowers come till we slap our bum ba Dron plp plp plp Oh this listen practice listen helps us learn listen helps us listen to people pa pa pa gt your papa I'm a listener your a listener everyone's a listener.

By Me
Denis

Re: Tips for Listening

Post by Denis »

If you are a beginner or even an intermediate level learner, here is my tip for you to improve your listening skill.
Don't listen to a large amount of material in one session. Listen to small bits of material but repeat as many times as you can until you understand it before you move on to new material.

For example: You can pick a short telephone conversation between a customer trying to book a flight and a travel agent. That conversation may just be 30 seconds long. If you listen to it repeatedly for the whole day, by the next day you will no longer have a problem understanding the conversation and even repeating it. But if you listen to English for the whole day from several sources and several topics, you may not remember a single word the next day.

That is how babies pick up new languages. They start with the bits they hear most frequently like papa, mama, eat, sit, bye bye, sleep, etc. They listen to the same expression repeated several times in a particular context and soon they start mimicking it.
Highly recommended ESL Textbooks here at this link: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dnt
Foundation English Vocabulary Workbook.
IELTS Speaking Test Guide.
IELTS Writing Workbook.