the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

rups
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:06 pm
Status: English Learner

the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby rups » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:28 pm

i would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of fame?i would be glad if eny1 can help me with dis topic.

Melek
Gold Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Status: English Learner
Location: AZERBAIJAN,BAKU city

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Melek » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:30 am

are you going to become a famous one? =)

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Bambang » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 pm

Are you famous enough? I am not.
We're all friends, right?

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Vega » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:31 am

rups wrote:i would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of fame?i would be glad if eny1 can help me with dis topic.


You shoud ask this question famous Defender of the Galaxy.

(((Edu)))
Gold Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: Brasil
Contact:

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby (((Edu))) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:10 pm

Fame isn't so good. I'd rather money and opportunities that fame provides.

gem
Silver Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 pm
Contact:

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby gem » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Being famous you become a public figure, popular, a regular topic of the crowd, if you enjoy that kind of attention then its an advantage. If somebady took advantage of you being famous then it is one of the greatest disadvantage. It depends upon how you will carry yourself... :D

Melek
Gold Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Status: English Learner
Location: AZERBAIJAN,BAKU city

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Melek » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:51 am

I think being famous has a lot of disadvantages like its pluses.Famous people cant live free,their every step is followed by public.I remember Madonna's interview.She says everyday I got up in the morning,I wish I wouldnt be well-known singer.

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Bambang » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:10 pm

melek wrote:I think being famous has a lot of disadvantages like its pluses.Famous people cant live free,their every step is followed by public.I remember Madonna's interview.She says everyday I got up in the morning,I wish I wouldnt be well-known singer.


That's a stupid statement. Madonna just wanted to be more and more popular by saying it. Does she really hate popularity?
We're all friends, right?

Melek
Gold Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Status: English Learner
Location: AZERBAIJAN,BAKU city

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Melek » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:09 pm

bambang wrote:
melek wrote:I think being famous has a lot of disadvantages like its pluses.Famous people cant live free,their every step is followed by public.I remember Madonna's interview.She says everyday I got up in the morning,I wish I wouldnt be well-known singer.


That's a stupid statement. Madonna just wanted to be more and more popular by saying it. Does she really hate popularity?



after becoming famous she realized that such kind of life is not so sweet as she thought

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Vega » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:06 pm

melek wrote:
bambang wrote:
melek wrote:I think being famous has a lot of disadvantages like its pluses.Famous people cant live free,their every step is followed by public.I remember Madonna's interview.She says everyday I got up in the morning,I wish I wouldnt be well-known singer.


That's a stupid statement. Madonna just wanted to be more and more popular by saying it. Does she really hate popularity?



after becoming famous she realized that such kind of life is not so sweet as she thought


I can't understand why that old lady Madonna gets up early, isn't she retired? :)

jrkp
Gold Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Venezuela

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby jrkp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:32 am

First at all, we should define what fame is. You see, nowadays the concept of fame is related with media exposure. It seems that the only famous people around the world are the actors, singers and the politicians, and that is completely wrong!!!.

To me, fame has to do with recogntion for your work and get respect for that.. If you see it in that way, fame is a good thing, it could be considered as an advantage...

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Bambang » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:09 am

Madonna was and is still polular as a sex symbol. I never think that she regrets it. She must be proud of it.
We're all friends, right?

Melek
Gold Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Status: English Learner
Location: AZERBAIJAN,BAKU city

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Melek » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:36 am

bambang wrote:Madonna was and is still polular as a sex symbol. I never think that she regrets it. She must be proud of it.

everthing must be in its limit :)

sweets
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:35 pm
Status: Other
Location: some where behind the sea
Contact:

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby sweets » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:38 am

well
being famouse gives u a kind of superior but in sametime ur watched most of the time so u should watch ur behaviour
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار

User avatar
Bambang
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Bambang » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:30 am

melek wrote:
bambang wrote:Madonna was and is still polular as a sex symbol. I never think that she regrets it. She must be proud of it.

everthing must be in its limit :)


Do you think that Madonna has crossed the limit?
We're all friends, right?

Melek
Gold Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Status: English Learner
Location: AZERBAIJAN,BAKU city

Re: the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Postby Melek » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:54 pm

bambang wrote:
melek wrote:
bambang wrote:Madonna was and is still polular as a sex symbol. I never think that she regrets it. She must be proud of it.

everthing must be in its limit :)


Do you think that Madonna has crossed the limit?


no I dont think.the fame has crossed her :)


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests