Improve Your English without Making Headaches

Ideas and advice from EC members on best ways to learn English

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, EC

Quizlet

Improve Your English without Making Headaches

Post by Quizlet » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:03 pm

This article is for people who could not learn English properly in class. Whether because of a room of 35 people, uninteresting teachers or a simple non-motivation on your part. I intend to explain here how I learned English and how I continue to do it every day: using methods that I like and that are useful to me, and without obligation. I do not even realize that I integrate new vocabulary every day.
The secret to learning anything is envy. Without enthusiasm and stuffing your skull, you will come to nothing. Incorporate methods to learn English in your everyday life and this language will no longer be a difficulty for you. Why speak English? Because the best resources in the world are in English. When you have gone through the books in your specialty in French, and you start reading those in English, a new ocean opens up to you. We quickly realize that the French authors have simply copied the English and they are much more advanced than us. If, concerning your passion, you wish to pass from the amateur to the professional stage, it is the language of Shakespeare that one must learn. I do not even speak about the obviousness of the English language for travel and to converse with anyone on the planet. Believe me, if you are part of this vast majority of French who leave the school without being able to speak English correctly, there are many interesting solutions to integrate into your daily life to improve. I will show you ten methods to select according to your style of memorization.
The pace of progression
Before getting started on techniques, you must understand that you do not learn a language in a day. For the first language, it's six months to a year with a lot of effort, the second it will be four to six months and the third less than three if it's a European language (here I remove Chinese, Japanese , Arabic). Basically, once you understand the system, the learning schemas are quickly reproducible; that's why people are able to learn ten languages in a short time, while it can take many months to start with just one.
There is a rhythm to keep. I know I read English every day, and I hear it too. Some methods described below must become so common that they are the norm and that the discovery of new word and expression becomes almost daily.
Tim Ferriss wrote an excellent book on how to learn everything and he published an interesting curve describing the learning phases of a language. I put the curve here to get you an idea of what is waiting for you.
This curve is found in most topics you can learn. For a language, it includes a first phase where the learning is quick and easy, then a phase a little more complex or one begins to learn the grammar and to think about what one says to do not make too many mistakes . Then we start using material (to read, view ..) that allows us to progress again to a phase that researchers describe as a plateau where it is difficult to progress. Once this last step has passed you approach the goal that happens to be fluent in a language.
The methods that will be described allow to leave the two phases of blockages (months 2 and 3 to 6). It's up to you to seize it.
Do you set a deadline for learning English, say 3 or 6 months and set a goal such as being able to hold an hour-long conversation, reading any book, understanding all the blog posts of my specialty? It's up to you, but having a goal remains extremely important.
My name is Karen and I have been working for 3 years at essay writing service. Writing is my passion and I enjoy helping people and create useful and interesting podcast and articles