How important is speaking English for you?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

PilarCP

Re: How important is speaking English for you?

Post by PilarCP » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:14 pm

As far as I'm concerned speaking English is essential to move around the world, because is one of the most used languages. I love traveling and to me is very important to be fluent in English.
Moreover, a lot of jobs require of its knowledge. In my case, I don't need to speak it at work, but sometimes I need to read articles in this language.

gerardpa

Post by gerardpa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:47 pm

In my opinion, speaking English is very important. Nowadays, this language is the most spoken in the world so in most countries people us this to comunicate with foreigns or to speak each other. What's more, in my profession, the phisiotherapy, is necessary because all important conferences are in English and the most studies are written in English. So it's important for me dominate this language.

gerardpa

Post by gerardpa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:58 pm

In my opinion, speaking English is very important. Nowadays, is the language that more people in he world speak so it's necessary to comunicate with foreigns or to talk with persons of other countries. What's more, I'm fisiotherapist and in this profesion the conferences are in English and most studies are written in English too. So I have to dominate this language in the future.

EstibalizDZ

Post by EstibalizDZ » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:40 am

There are many reasons to say that speaking English is very important for us.
I am going to introduce you some of them.
First one, English helps us to have more opportunities to find a good job. Nowdays, living in the global world makes us to be connected between countries and to communicate with people who lives in another part of the world.
Another reason it is the necessity of English when you want to go abroad on Holiday.
These are the most important reasons of Speaking English for me.

brianropero

Post by brianropero » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:32 am

So far as is known, humans communicate each other through a serie of codes and signs, known as language. Between the huge number of 7.000 languages around the world, english is one of the most spoken languages. So, knowing this tongue allow us to communicate with people that live on the other side of the earth. Actually, this have a lot of advantages: it enables you to travel and visit to a lot of countries without communication issues, enables you to work in this places and, of course, make news friends! Therefore, learning English help me to live in this globalisation, interconnected world, looking beyond to my country!

MarcGuerrero

Post by MarcGuerrero » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:39 pm

From my personal point of view speaking English is necessary for my life.
In the future, I will need knowledge of English to be able to work in my job in other countries. Furthermore, if I want to receive an engineer title I will need to have a minimum level of English. On the other hand also, I would like to travel to many countries where English is needed to communicate.
In conclusion, I need this language to make my dreams come true and to grow up.

Adrielfdez

Post by Adrielfdez » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:46 pm

Nowadays english is one of the most important and spoken languages. I use English a lot because I love music, I love understand the music I listen and English is the most common language in the music I listen. I do not understand all but I will practise my listening to understand all my favourite singers. And also English is so important for getting a job. I can only say that English is an useful skill for our day to day.

luciamiranda

Post by luciamiranda » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:04 pm

We all know that nowadays English is such an essential language and practicing is the best way to learn it. English will be part of the future of many youths and it is also the present of most of the society. Numerous people work in international companies which need English speakers, social media is generally used in English to talk and interact with people around the world. These are examples of uses of English in our daily living. Learning languages helps our brain to keep working memory and avoid any memory illness as well.

conchids

Post by conchids » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:43 pm

English is the most important important language around the world. Why? Millions of people at the world are speaking English, either because it is your mother tongue or because they are learning this language at the school. For this reason, you could travel to the most hidden place in the world and you will find anyone speaks English in.
If you love travel abroad , you should speak a bit of English. It is necessary to meet foreing people and other cultures.
On the other hand, people who speak fluenty English have more opportunities in your job.

jessicagil

Post by jessicagil » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:43 pm

I have read the other opinions and I agree with most of them. Nowadays speaking English is very important for everything. It can makes your live easier. For example, if you speak English, is easy and fast find a job. I think that you have more possibilities than other person. Regarding songs, for me is fantastic understand lyrics, it may be because I love listen to music. On the other hand, if we talk about films, is better watch a film in original version than in Spanish. And to finish off, if you like travel abroad, speaking English makes you feel more confortable and safe away from home.

nspnuria

Post by nspnuria » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Miguel wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:45 am
How important is speaking English for you?

In my opinion, I think that English is one of the most important languages at the moment. We find it everywhere. Currently, the English is spoken in the most tourist places and for a lot of people, it's considerate the business language. If you want to travel outside Spain, you have to use English. It’s a very good form to communicate because it’s an idiom that everybody more or less knows. It’s important to jobs too. You Will have more opportunities if you know it well and you Will able to work outside your country.

llcaro

Post by llcaro » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Nowadays, I have no doubt that speaking English is very important. Firstly, to have a good job since it's business language, or simply to work because every day you have to have more knowledge and skills to access the working world.

In addition, it's necessary to travel because it allows us to develop around the world.

Therefore it would be interesting that this language could be studied in schools since childhood to have a trilingual population.

Amandabm

Post by Amandabm » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:07 pm

In my opinion, speaking English is necessary in these days. Currently that language is spoken by millions of people and it is becoming like a universal language.
On the one hand, if you love traveling, probably you won't have problems to communicate if you speak English. Always there is a person who know that language.
On the other hand nowadays to speak different languages open your posibilites to improve your job, your goals or to do a change in your career.
Definitely, there are many reason for learning English and these are the main for my.

MARYPOPINS

Post by MARYPOPINS » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Front my point of view, speaking English is the key that opens the door at our globalised world. It allows us to share knowledge, It rewards us culturally, It teachs us the diversity of thoughs, ideas and opinions around the world. As far as I’m concerned, the more I speak it, the more I understand the world and consequently, I consider that this learning makes me much more free and opens my mind.
In addition, there are scientist proofs that to speak a new language is likely one of the best exercicis for our brain. At the same time to be multicultural give us far more resources, skills and abilities in our daily lifes.
To sum up, It’s a fun activity that It suppose a challenge for me and meanvhile, I improve my health and my life.

Cori

UnhayJC

Post by UnhayJC » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Nowadays English has become the universal language. If we haven't had this language, we didn't understand the cultures and the beginning of other countries because we speak a different language and we wouldn't understand between us. In this case, English is like a connector between countries and that's why I think English is very important.

MariPau

Post by MariPau » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Nowadays, it is very important to speak English for a lot of reasons.
For instance, if you want to study or to work abroad with people from different nationalities you will speak in English with them because it is the most common second language in the word. So English enables you to communicate easily with citizens over the word.
It is the language of business. Global companies expect employees to be fluent speaking it.
Another reason to speak English is to communicate easily when you travel. If you love visiting foreign countries it is very useful to speak English. You can make friends and meet people from different countries and also discover different cultures.
To conclude, speaking English gives you access to a world of technology and science.

lennon@mhysa

Post by lennon@mhysa » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:44 pm

For me to speak ad understand this language is almost a matter of honor. I began to learn English mainly for my children.
I believe that parents are the referents of their children and therefore we must always be an example for them.

Once I understood that I sincerely wanted to be a source of pride for my children, the situation changed and I realized that what I really wanted was to be a pride for myself!
From that moment I felt hungry and thirsty for everything that surrounded this language. When I listened to a song I wanted to understand what that liryc was telling me,when I saw a movie I wanted to understand that I was living and feeling its characters ... And so on and so forth.

But this has only just begun!

Vicente

Post by Vicente » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:38 pm

On my point of view English is not important, It is essential.
If you require travelling or You like to travell, You need to speak English.

Every year I say to my children and students: "English isn´t the future, It´s the present". If they (of course me too) would like to know the reality of other contries or cultures, English is required.

So, If You would like to travel to foreing countries, You need, last but no least,a basic or survival level of English

marcgvernet

Post by marcgvernet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:36 am

Learn how to talk, to listen, and to read English, is one of the most important factors to get job or study.
In terms of get a job, it's just demanded from companies to get any position into them.
And as study, it just means more possibilities of different carriers, as you can study anywhere else, than in your country.

andreapadua

Post by andreapadua » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:21 am

In my opinion speaking English nowdays is essential. The world is globalized and English has become a universal language. If you speak English you could work and live in many countries around the world.

Although this evidence, English isn't only important for work, even if you don't plan to go abroad, learning a now language is a tresaure... Why? Because you can read a book or a newspaper; see a film or listen radio in original language, and, of course, you can travel and comunicate without troubles. Travel and know many different people it's my great motivation to learn. Finally, we must remember that learning a language is a pleasure.

Txaro

Post by Txaro » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Why is important for me improve my English speaking?

For me is a very necessary think, because i have to take to my students around Europe, to carry out their Erasmus+ scholarships.

I have fear, of not understand my European Partners, or colleagues, and to have problems with this.

Also, my low speaking level is a handicap to increase the number of companies that may be potential partners, and improve the supply for my pupils.

However, I have been trying to progress my listening and speaking skills, doing exercises and hard working all the situations I can find.

I have to get out of my comfort zone.
Txaro

Juliamoriana

Post by Juliamoriana » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:14 pm

In my honest opinion, English is the most important language in the world. In most of the countries where you can travel, English is the main language. With English you can understand and communicate with everything.
English can not only help you travel, in my job, for example, it’s manly de only language which we can all understand. In my department we are from different countries and nationalities and for this reason it’s easier speak English. We use English in meetings to talk about bussines and also in our lunch to explain the live outside the office too.
In summary, we need one universal language to communicate between the countries.

EsterCaSol

Post by EsterCaSol » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:36 pm

When I was studying illustration, I did an Erasmus scholarship to an animation studio in Scotland. I didn't know much English and I couldn't relate much to my classmates. I felt very stupid. When I arrived in Barcelona, I was aware of the importance of communicating with people from other countries and speaking other languages. So I signed up to the EOI.
Today I still think that this trip changed me a lot.

dtoro

Post by dtoro » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Speaking English is important to me for several reasons, but the most important is to show myself that I can do it. I have been “studying English” all my life and speaking correctly and fluently has always been my pending subject, and I hope to achieve it. On the other hand, it is also important for my job because I travel to conferences and I have to explain my work and talk with other people. I hope to get it!