Please give me tips to improve my English speaking

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Dhruv

Please give me tips to improve my English speaking

Post by Dhruv » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:43 am

Hi, guys, I am an Indian that is currently living in Canada and i have given the CELPIP test uncountable times and I always fail in speaking can you please give me some tips to improve my English speaking so I can pass and help my Kids live in a clean environment

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Please give me tips to improve my English speaking

Post by Mohsen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:25 am

Dhruv wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:43 am
Hi, guys, I am an Indian that is currently living in Canada and i have given the CELPIP test uncountable times and I always fail in speaking can you please give me some tips to improve my English speaking so I can pass and help my Kids live in a clean environment
read a conversion and tell it to yourself , you can record it by your cellphone .
read a story and retell it .
it can help you

phoenix

Re: Please give me tips to improve my English speaking

Post by phoenix » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:38 pm

hello,
Generally our native language influence so much the pronunciation of English and the way we build the structure of words ,because our mind is already setted to pronounce and compounds letters and words in a specific way and tonation .But by practicing this problem could be overcame .the point is that one should be conscious of his pronunciation and speaking ,yes abvious but not easy because your mind is approving your pronunciation and words structure since it's considered similar to your native ones.
For the pricatical side, a good English speaking is preceeded by an English listening,try to listen a lot to English conversation ,news ,movies ...even if it's unconfortable in the beginin .Also try to speak to yourself in english :shock: and record yourself
good luck

phoenix 11/10/2019