writing a message

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

RonSwansun

writing a message

Post by RonSwansun » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm

I didn't know where to post it. If this is something that I would get a straight F for than just say so. I think its a real mess. Of course I'm not a native English speaker.

First of all, I concur this message could seem to be a little odd at first. I'm writing to you regarding something that XXX maybe doesn't seem to see the point of. My message, with great probability, will find its place in a rubbish bin leaving me with no answer. If I was to be a professional translator with years of professional experience then maybe I'd have received some laconic answer of no value. As something like "For the time being, we don't see such possibility". I only ask for a chance to translate for free some XXX. Why? If I say something like "because I'm a great fan of yours" then it won't be too much original of me. The XXX means something more than just a XXX - it actually helped me, along with other things, through the low point in my life. Additionally, it was one of the XXX that let me improve a little my vocabulary. I understand that it was meant to be a collectible item and thus won't present a great prospect of being reissued even in case of continuation of the XXX. What I was about to say ("goddamned rabid fans overflowing my inbox with long-winded trash bc they can't put it short") is that I'm prepared to translate, for free, "XXX" from english to my native language - XXX. It doesn't even matter if my work will have a use or fall into limbo. In terms of 'experience', I've done a couple of amateur translations on my own, including subtitles for movies. I got interested in doing so when, at one time, I was disenchanted with quality of some texts that at times were really, really kinda wretched and then it occurred to me - "Hey I can do better.". Well, that's all. I should write something like "more info on e-mail" and the rest of usual stuff, but ... At least I've tried. Maybe I will even get a noreply message from XXX. Yay! (...) Thank you if you've read it all.

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: writing a message

Post by Mohsen » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:03 pm

RonSwansun wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm
I didn't know where to post it. If this is something that I would get a straight F for than just say so. I think its a real mess. Of course I'm not a native English speaker.

First of all, I concur this message could seem to be a little odd at first. I'm writing to you regarding something that XXX maybe doesn't seem to see the point of. My message, with great probability, will find its place in a rubbish bin leaving me with no answer. If I was to be a professional translator with years of professional experience then maybe I'd have received some laconic answer of no value. As something like "For the time being, we don't see such possibility". I only ask for a chance to translate for free some XXX. Why? If I say something like "because I'm a great fan of yours" then it won't be too much original of me. The XXX means something more than just a XXX - it actually helped me, along with other things, through the low point in my life. Additionally, it was one of the XXX that let me improve a little my vocabulary. I understand that it was meant to be a collectible item and thus won't present a great prospect of being reissued even in case of continuation of the XXX. What I was about to say ("goddamned rabid fans overflowing my inbox with long-winded trash bc they can't put it short") is that I'm prepared to translate, for free, "XXX" from english to my native language - XXX. It doesn't even matter if my work will have a use or fall into limbo. In terms of 'experience', I've done a couple of amateur translations on my own, including subtitles for movies. I got interested in doing so when, at one time, I was disenchanted with quality of some texts that at times were really, really kinda wretched and then it occurred to me - "Hey I can do better.". Well, that's all. I should write something like "more info on e-mail" and the rest of usual stuff, but ... At least I've tried. Maybe I will even get a noreply message from XXX. Yay! (...) Thank you if you've read it all.
:lol: :lol: :lol: this is a reply from XXX {-: {-: {-: don't be sad