Complete each sentence with a word from the list:
bank fees collateral deposit exchange fixed-term interest loans money rate transfer withdraw
1. Banks provide a secure place in which you can keep your
2. You can open a savings account and then
your money into the account.
2. If you deposit money in an account, you'll receive regular payments called
3. The amount of interest you receive depends on your bank's interest
4. Interest rates are usually higher for a
deposit, with higher rates for longer periods.
5. If you make a 12-month fixed-term deposit, you cannot
the money for 12 months.
6. Banks also provide
to customers who must repay the amount and also pay interest.
7. Banks usually require
for a loan, or assets they can seize if the loan isn't repaid.
8. To move money from your account to someone else's, ask your bank to
9. You can change money from one currency into another at a currency
10. Banks make a profit by investing or lending depositors' money and by charging