because people speak English
Schools & Courses
the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English
Complete each sentence with a word from the list:
board cargo customs declaration duty export import lading origin shipping
1. A company that sells local goods to overseas buyers and ships them out of the country is an
2. A company that buys foreign goods and ships them in from overseas is an
3. Goods that are being transported by ship, plane, train or truck are called
4. Goods that are being exported or imported can be inspected by officials from
5. Exporters declare the value of the goods they're exporting on a customs
6. Importers often pay a customs tax called
that's based on the value of the imported goods.
7. Exporters usually prepare a bill of
showing a list of goods being exported and shipping instructions.
8. Goods are often shipped with a certificate of
showing where the goods were manufactured.
9. Buyers often ask for a "free on
" or f.o.b. quote showing costs of both the goods and loading them onto a ship.
10. Exporters can also send "cost, insurance, freight" or c.i.f. quotes that include the cost of goods, insurance, and freight or