eBooks & Games
since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English
Consumer Protection Game
Complete each sentence with a word from the list:
accurately benefits buy complained consumer cutting laws produce profit protection
1. A person who buys and uses a product is a
2. Companies manufacture and market products in order to make a
3. Profits are made by selling products for more than they cost to
4. Companies can increase profits by
production costs, but this can also reduce quality and product safety.
5. They can also increase profits by getting more consumers to
products by advertising them.
6. When advertising products, companies often exaggerate their
and mislead consumers.
7. Consumers who were misled by advertisements or bought unsafe products often
8. These complaints led to the creation of consumer
agencies in many countries.
9. These agencies ensure products meet minimum quality and safety standards and are
described when advertised.
10. Consumer protection
allow consumers to file charges against, and be compensated by, unethical companies.