eBooks & Games
since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English
British/American Business Terms Game 1
Complete each sentence with a word from the list:
"common stock" "income statement" "inventory" "investment bank" "labor unions" "listed company" "mutual fund" "real estate" "stock" "stockholder"
1. Land and buildings are called "property" in the UK and
in the US.
2. In the UK people say "ordinary share", but in the US they say
3. "Merchant bank" is the term in the UK, but in the US it's an
4. In the UK they say "trade unions", but in the US they say
5. In the UK the term is "unit trust", but in the US the term is
6. In the UK people say "quoted company", but in the US they say
7. In the UK the word for unsold products is "stock", but in the US it's
8. In the UK the word is "share", but in the US people say
9. People in the UK say "shareholder", but in the US they say
10. In the UK it's a "profit and loss account", but in the US it's an