because people speak English
the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English
More for Learners...
Health and Fitness
Physical Exercise Game 1
Complete each sentence with a word from the list:
designed equipment healthy jogging muscles music series sprinting strength working out
1. Aerobic exercise like
, cycling and swimming laps is slow, steady and takes a long time.
2. Anaerobic exercise like boxing,
and lifting weights expends a lot of energy in a short time.
3. Flexibility exercises like yoga postures and stretches done before a race are designed to stretch
4. Fitness training is any regular exercise routine like
at the gym or doing a fitness trail routine.
5. Weight training involves lifting heavy weights to increase physical
and build muscle mass.
6. Circuit training involves repeating a
of exercises to develop fitness, flexibility and strength.
7. Aerobics is an exercise routine performed to
and usually led by an aerobics instructor.
8. Gymnastics is a sport in which exercises are performed on
like horizontal bars and vaulting horses.
9. Pilates is an exercise system performed on equipment
by the system's inventor, Joseph Pilates.
10. Yoga is an Indian system of physical and mental exercises intended to create a
body and mind.