|1.||Which word is NOT used by learners to describe their first impressions of New York? |
|2.||According to the Israeli student, Lee, why "must" people know English? |
- English is the official language of America.
- English is the most important language in the world.
- English is the language used in most universities.
- English is the language psychologists use in their profession.
|3.||What was the Argentinean engineer's main reason for going to New York? |
- To learn about English software.
- To upgrade his technical skills in English.
- To improve his English in an English setting.
- To experience the busy life of native Americans.
|4.||Three of the female learners say that knowing English helps people from their own countries |
- make friends.
- improve their own language.
- get jobs.
- understand each other.
|5.||According to the interviewees, why is it difficult for beginners to express themselves in English? |
- Beginners are afraid to talk to people.
- Beginners don't practise for long enough.
- Beginners focus too much on grammar.
- Beginners still think in their native language.
|6.||How is the translation student improving her English each day? |
- She is living with a native English speaker.
- She has a teacher who uses different accents.
- She is not afraid to ask questions.
- She refuses to speak her native language at school.
|7.||What improved for the South Korean student after going to New York? |
- Her confidence in speaking English
- Her TOEIC score
- Her ability to make friends
- Her courage to travel
|8.||What advice is given to people who can't travel to an English-speaking country? |
- Study at least one or two hours per day.
- Focus on reading before speaking.
- Go to an English-only school.
- Memorize English words online.
|9.||What is the last piece of advice for English learners? |
- Play in English.
- Move to New York.
- Practise your accent.
- Watch TV.
|10.||Which of the following is true about New York based on the camera footage? |
- New York taxi drivers speak English.
- New York is a multicultural city.
- Teachers in New York are rarely native speakers.
- Most people who go to New York are tourists.