Quiz: Thoughts from Brazil
First watch Thoughts from Brazil at:
Then answer the questions below.
1. What is NOT mentioned in the introductory description of Sao Paulo?
- It is a cultural centre.
- It is full of life.
- It is an economic hub.
- It is a very dry city.
2. What is one common problem for English learners in Brazil?
- There are no native speakers.
- They don't have enough time.
- They find communicating in English difficult.
- Teachers don't know the answers to the questions.
3. Which word is NOT found in the rainbow at the children's school?
4. Which is NOT true about the children's school?
- The furniture is labelled in English.
- It is cute and colourful.
- It has enthusiastic teachers.
- Its main mission is exam preparation.
5. In the sentence "I wanna play this game", what does "wanna" mean?
- won a
- want to
- won it
6. Buddy is a
- zoo animal
7. Beatriz was surprised that her brother could communicate with
- a Korean gamer
- a Spanish student
- a Facebook friend in Israel
- a rock star
8. Most of Amanda's friends do NOT
- practise English on Orkut
- use MySpace
- like Twitter
- use Facebook
9. Why does Amanda mention Syria?
- That is where she wants to visit.
- Syria is her home country.
- She has added Facebook friends from there.
- She wants to go to university there.
10. Why does Jose mention Oasis, Arctic Monkeys and Muse?
- These films have helped him learn new words.
- These musical bands have inspired him to learn English.
- These courses are taught in school.
- These video games make learning English fun.