Quiz: Conversations in Spain
First watch Conversations in Spain at:
Then answer the questions below.
1. What type of job did the director's father do in Spain before opening his school?
- He taught English in private lessons.
- He was a fashion designer.
- He was a restaurant chef.
- He lectured at the university.
2. What does the school director say happened "slowly but surely"?
- Men began taking women more seriously.
- Women began taking classes at the English school.
- Women began teaching men English.
- Spanish schools began accepting female teachers.
3. What type of city is Granada?
- An Italian city
- A city mainly of Westerners
- A wealthy city
- A tourist city
4. According to the school director, how has English teaching changed in Granada?
- The hours are much longer.
- The pay is much higher.
- It has become more professional.
- It has become less grammar oriented.
5. What happened in the 80s in Italy?
- Many Spanish people began studying there.
- English businessmen began travelling there.
- Women began caring more about English.
- Primary school students began learning English.
6. What does Giulio say about his middle school English teacher?
- He had poor pronunciation.
- He didn't believe in textbooks.
- He was a native English teacher.
- He provided a strong grammar basis.
7. What reminder does Giulio offer to other English learners?
- People will not judge or laugh at your English level if you try.
- If you don't feel like studying, don't do it.
- Go to America to get a job.
- Learn to listen to English first.
8. What does Giulio say about mistakes?
- They are rarely noticeable.
- Even native speakers make them.
- They help you to improve.
- They remind others you are human.
9. What does Beatriz say Spanish people do when they speak English?
- They forget about the importance of pronunciation.
- They look down at the ground.
- They translate grammar from their own language.
- They think about the structure of the sentence.
10. At what age are students required to start learning English in Spain?