|1.||What is usually meant by the word "homestay"?
- an English course for foreign students
- a company that organises study tours
- a type of student accommodation
- a method of teaching English
|2.||Besides wanting to learn English, why did some of the students go to Cambridge?
- to figure out their next step in life
- to get away from their parents
- to train as English teachers
- to find English boyfriends
|3.||What is Silvia's housemum doing in the kitchen?
- teaching Silvia how to cook
- helping Silvia to review some vocabulary
- reminding Silvia of the house rules
- convincing Silvia to try English food
|4.||What does James say is included in a basic half-board homestay booking?
- English tutoring and laundry service
- 3 meals a day and a private room
- breakfast and an evening meal
- a friend and a twin room
|5.||What does James say is included in a self-catering homestay booking?
- bed, breakfast and an evening meal
- Internet access
- complete immersion in an English family
- cooking facilities
|6.||Which was NOT mentioned by Carolina?
- taking part in the children's birthday parties
- playing squash with her housemum
- having her laundry done every Thursday
- getting a weekly allowance like the other kids
|7.||When Carol talks about the evening meal, which of the following does she NOT mention?
- becoming part of English life
- sitting at the table
- talking about things they've done during the day
- discussing aspects of English life
|8.||How did Christina go about choosing a homestay family?
- She asked the school about available IELTS dates.
- She looked for a family of the same nationality.
- She waited until a friend had done the same programme.
- She got recommendations from a previous student and a school.
|9.||What do both Silvia and Christina say they can do with their host families?
- practise their English
- learn grammar and vocabulary
- correct their English
- match their intonation
|10.||What does Michaela advise future homestay students to do?
- be arrogant
- interact with people
- stay in their own world
- open a business