Answers: 1. one hundred 2. Atlantic, Indian, Pacific* 3. gold 4. hydrogen, oxygen* 5. one hundred 6. Sahara, Gobi, Kalahari* 7. iron, aluminium, gold* 8. Madagascar, Iceland, Hawaii* 9. eagle, robin, kingfisher* 10. six 11. Austria 12. twelve 13. yes 14. Arctic (North Pole) 15. eight 16. three 17. Laos 18. Thames, Mekong, Amazon* 19. animal 20. eight (*examples only - other answers are possible)
Level: Intermediate and up. You may wish to allow students to use a dictionary, subject to precise level, culture etc.
General Knowledge Quiz 1
Answer all questions in English:
1. How many years make a century?
2. Name three oceans.
3. Which is heavier, gold or plastic?
4. Name two gases.
5. How many cents are there in a euro?
6. Name three deserts.
7. Name three metals.
8. Name three islands.
9. Name three birds.
10. How many legs does an ant have?
11. Of which country is Vienna the capital?
12. How many inches are there in a foot?
13. Is Spain bigger than Portugal?
14. Where do polar bears live?
15. How many legs does a spider have?
16. How many feet are there in a yard?
17. Which is closer to China - Laos or Wales?
18. Name three rivers.
19. Is a jellyfish animal or vegetable?
20. How many sides does an octagon have?
________________________ | ______