In Oxbridgetefl our main goal is to research and select the most effective ways of approaching teaching English and introduce them to our graduates.
The Oxbridgetefl 120 hour programme is developed to make our graduates skilful in all practical areas of English teaching. By the end of their training programme, they prove competence in the following areas and aspects:
• Our graduates complete 16-20 hour monitored teaching practice with real students, gaining experience with all levels of learners, all ages and different learners’ needs (general English, business English, teaching young learners and other ESP),
• Intensive work shop training sessions where experienced trainers motivate the trainees to find answers to how to understand and best teach grammar from a functional point of view, how to interact successfully with learners and deal with difficult situations, how to plan interesting and fun lessons, how to prepare their own resources and material for teaching, how to be good team players and share their learning material and experience with their co-workers and how to teach ESP for all levels and ages,
• Our graduates can also prove skills in making every class a communicative one with the focus being on developing conversational and communicative skills in their learners without translating and using only English even with beginner learners,
• The success of our graduates starts before the course, with a thorough selection of the best 5 or 6 trainees that will constitute a group. This pre-selection, along with a constant encouragement and motivation during the course, makes graduates show the best of them as English teachers. Dynamism, good class rhythm, preparing a variety of fun activities and transmitting passion for learning is what they have in common,
• Last, but not least, our graduates understand and apply the principles of what we think makes the best teachers: good preparation for every single class, punctuality and commitment to the learning project they are being part of.
At Oxbridgetefl, we select 5 people per group for our 120 hour sponsored training programs. Our TEFL courses offer you all the theoretical knowledge necessary for teaching, but even more important is that if you prove to possess enough competence, you will participate in the teaching practice program with real students. That way you will learn and acquire all the experience that you need in order to teach autonomously after completing the course.