Oxford International Study Centre
OISC is an accredited college situated in the centre of Oxford. In summer we also teach in the University. We prepare students for British schools and universities (including Oxford and Cambridge), and also arrange study abroad programmes.
Oxford is a world renowned University City, with its origins dating back over eight hundred years. The Colleges of the University, with their beautiful architecture dating from mediaeval times in many cases, provide a spectacular and inspiring backdrop for educational, business and cultural programmes for visitors and students from all over the world.
Oxford is also a thriving modern city, home to some of the newest developments in business and research. It is also an important cultural centre, with many art galleries, theatres, films and musical performances. It is very cosmopolitan, welcoming people from all over the world for education, business or cultural visits.
OISC is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC), one of the four accrediting organisations which are recognised by the UK Home Office. The College is also an Associate Member of the European Council of International Schools, and a recognised examination centre.
Oxford International Study Centre (OISC) was founded by Carolyn Llewelyn and Robert Marsden who had previously worked together successfully in international education in Oxford for several years.
Carolyn Llewelyn has worked in international education for over twenty years. She first established her own college in Oxford and was runner up in the Women in Business awards. She then became Principal of an international college in Oxford and is a member of the European Council of International Schools. She graduated from St. Anne’s College, University of Oxford, in Modern and Medieval Languages, and speaks fluent German, and also French, Spanish and some Japanese. She is at present learning Mandarin Chinese.
Robert Marsden’s family have a long history in the world of education; his father, grandfather and great uncle all taught at Eton College, and Robert Marsden was born and educated there before qualifying as a Chartered Accountant and later doing an MBA at INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France. He has worked for several years in Europe and South America and speaks fluent French and Spanish as well as German. He is also a director and shareholder in Collingham Sixth Form College in London and its subsidiary company, London Electronics College.
The teachers and trainers at OISC are from leading universities, including Oxford and Cambridge, and have many years’ experience of teaching international students and company staff.
OISC provides high quality year round and short programmes which offer:
• Flexibility: many of the programmes are tailor made to meet the requirements of the individual student or client company
• Excellent contacts with the University, enabling students and clients to be taught in the Colleges of the University in the vacations. Fully residential courses in the University are offered in summer and , subject to status, arrangements can be made for visiting academics to become members of the University libraries
• High calibre tutors and visiting speakers from academe or business
• A range of over twenty subject specialisms, enabling, for example, a student to combine academic English with a University preparation programme
• Strong links with a large number of British and European Schools, enabling younger students to prepare for entry to some of the best Boarding Schools
• Good links with Oxford, Cambridge and other leading universities, and provision of individual educational counselling for students who wish to apply to a British University
• A high level of pastoral care for students, including personal tutors and regular reports
• Well-established links with Companies in the Oxford and London areas, enabling company clients to combine their Oxford programme with meeting new business contacts