Adverbs of Definite Frequency
- hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly
- every second, once a minute, twice a year
- once, twice, once or twice, three times
Adverbs of definite frequency, like all adverbs of definite time, typically go in END position. Look at these examples:
- Most companies pay taxes yearly.
- The manager checks the toilets every hour.
- The directors meet weekly to review progress.
Sometimes, usually for reasons of emphasis or style, some adverbs of definite frequency may go at the FRONT, for example:
- Every day, more than five thousand people die on our roads.
See also adverbs of frequency vocabulary list