A preposition is a word governing, and usually coming in front of, a noun or pronoun and expressing a relation to another word or element, as in:
- She left before breakfast.
- What did you come for?
(For what did you come?)
For a full list of 150 prepositions, try this ebook, English Prepositions List by EnglishClub founder Josef Essberger.
- includes one-word and complex prepositions
- 370 example sentences
- 200 quiz questions with answers
- immediate download to your computer
- read on your computer or print out on paper
- works on Windows or Mac