The Lucky Octopus Quiz
A. Do you understand what the words in the story mean?
Match the vocabulary with the definitions:
How many words in the vocabulary list do you think are adjectives?
Look for these adjectives in the story. How do you form the superlative?
B. Do you understand how to use the words from the story?
Fill in the blanks:
1. The sea fairy was the _______________ creature Ollie had ever seen.
2. Orlando baked his sister a _______________ cake.
3. The jewels in the treasure chest were very _______________.
4. Ollie was _______________ because nobody would play with her.
5. The sea fairy appeared because Ollie was the _______________ octopus.
C. Do you understand what the story is about?
Answer the comprehension questions:
1. What type of creature is the main character in this story?
2. Why is Ollie different from the rest of her family?
3. Who are Oscar and Orlando?
4. Why did Ollie cry in the seaweed patch?
5. What did Ollie's mother give her at the party?