Too Tiny for Tea Quiz
A. Do you understand what the words in the story mean?
Match the vocabulary with the definitions:
||the body part that tastes food
||another word for stomach
||to be able to touch or grab something
||an area out front or out back of a house
||touched with a soft up and down motion
||short for bicycle
||used to stir or bring food to the mouth
||very pretty, nice looking
||a net with a hole at the top and bottom
|Too is a word that means more than enough.
Use: too + adjective
I am too tired. I don't have enough energy.
This hat is too small. I need a bigger hat.
It's too cold outside. I don't want to play outside until it's warmer.
Look at the following sentences. Can you write the problems?
|You aren't tall enough to reach the shelf.
||You are too short.
|He has to be older to go on this ride.
||He is _______ _______ .
|I didn't have enough time to call you.
||I was _______ _______.
|You might burn your tongue on the soup.
||The soup is _______ _______.
|Jenna needs a smaller bike.
||The bicycle is _______ _______ for Jenna.
B. Do you understand how to use the words from the story?
Fill in the blanks:
1. Marty's mother __________ her tea with a silver spoon.
2. Marty's brother is throwing his ball into a __________ .
3. When Marty thinks about candy he can taste it on his__________.
4. Marty's mother__________ her belly after she told her son about the baby.
5. Jane thinks Marty's bike is too__________ .
C. Do you understand what the story is about?
Answer the comprehension questions:
1. How old is Marty?
- almost 5
- almost 6
2. What is Marty's brother doing in the story?
- going to the store
- washing the car
- cutting the grass
- playing basketball
3. What does Marty wish?
- That he was younger
- That he was a baby
- That he wasn't the youngest
- That he was shorter
4. What does Marty's mother bring to Marty's father?
- a ball
- a baby
- a bicycle
- a cup of tea
5. What does Marty's mother tell Marty?
- She is feeling better.
- He is going to grow soon.
- He is going to be a big brother.
- They are going to go shopping.
Now check your answers!