Learn About Shapes
There are two different ways of making sentences about shapes. You can use a shape as a noun or an adjective. Play the recording to hear the proper pronunciation of the shapes. Then read the example sentences and try the shapes quiz.
1. The roof of a house is shaped like a triangle (noun). The roof is triangular (adjective).
2. The clock on the wall is shaped like a circle. The clock is circular. (or The clock is round.)
3. The table in the room is shaped like a rectangle. The table is rectangular.
4. The necklace I wear is shaped like a heart. My necklace is heart-shaped.
5. The picture on the wall is shaped like a square. The picture is square.
6. The rock in the garden is shaped like an oval. The rock is oval.
7. The nose on the pumpkin is shaped like a star. The pumpkin's nose is star-shaped.
8. The ornament on the tree is shaped like a diamond. The ornament is diamond-shaped.
9.The stop sign on my street is shaped like an octagon. The sign is octagonal.