The Winepress vocabulary quiz
Choose the best word to fill the blank in each sentence.
1. The _______ in the kitchen was of garlic and onion.
a) aroma b) harvest c) vintage
2. My Dad lies about his taxes because he has _______ for the government.
a) fumes b) contempt c) cask
3. The host of the party _______ the guests by playing the piano.
a) gazed b) entertained c) flung
4. All of the men stared at the _______ woman who walked into the room.
a) ravishing b) decent c) gazed
5. My mother _______ my father's sisters because they made her feel like a child.
a) loathed b) poised c) dabbed
6. We didn't have any brown sugar, so I _______ to using cinnamon.
a) resorted b) shuddered c) gazed
7. My aunt _______ her cheeks with a tissue during the sad movie.
a) rooted b) dabbed c) loathed
8. The nation was grief-_______ when the President died.
a) poised b) stricken c) rooted
9. The _______ of the problem is that we only have one car.
a) harvest b) peasant c) root
10. Few people seek _______ in this country.
a) vintage b) game c) immigration