Nouns that are Count and Noncount Quiz 3
1. In which sentence is the word art countable? a) Our professor says medicine is both an art and a science. b) All of our students learn about art as well as science.
2. In which sentence is the word ballet uncountable? a) Our students study both modern dance and classical ballet. b) How many of your students are performing in this ballet?
3. In which sentence is the word cinema countable? a) Do you know much about the history of cinema? b) Do you know when the first cinema was opened?
4. In which sentence is the word entertainment countable? a) Of all the entertainments available on the island, dancing is the most popular. b) Telling stories must be one of the oldest forms of entertainment.
5. In which sentence is the word gold uncountable? a) Thailand got four silver medals in the last Olympic Games, but only one gold. b) Have you seen how people in old movies bite coins to see if they're made of gold?
6. In which sentence is the word joy countable? a) The director said he got a lot of joy from working with the actors. b) The actors said the director was a joy to work with as well.
7. In which sentence is the word production countable? a) The production of movies and TV shows employs many people in our city. b) Many people are employed in movie and TV productions in our city.
8. In which sentence is the word quality countable? a) Einstein's intelligence was of the highest quality. b) Einstein's greatest quality was his intelligence.
9. In which sentence is the word quantity uncountable? a) In manufacturing, quantity greatly affects the cost of production. b) When larger quantities are manufactured, production cost per unit falls.
10. In which sentence is the word sport countable? a) Did you play much sport at your school? b) How many sports did you play at school?