Nouns that are Count and Noncount Quiz 4
1. In which sentence is the word beauty countable? a) Do you think Cleopatra was really the greatest beauty of her time? b) Do you think Cleopatra's beauty has been exaggerated a little?
2. In which sentence is the word delight uncountable? a) Justin's friends say he's a cool guy and a delight to be with. b) Justin's fans screamed with delight when they saw him.
3. In which sentence is the word enjoyment uncountable? a) For most people, friendship involves sharing interests and enjoyments. b) For many people, friendship is one of the greatest sources of enjoyment.
4. In which sentence is the word faith countable? a) Most people in South America are still followers of the Christian faith. b) Many South Americans still have faith in the teachings of the Catholic Church.
5. In which sentence is the word freedom uncountable? a) For me, freedom is more important than making lots of money. b) The right to love whoever you want to love should be a basic freedom.
6. In which sentence is the word injustice countable? a) Billions of people face poverty and injustice every day. b) Many of these injustices are still being ignored.
7. In which sentence is the word kindness uncountable? a) The help he gave us was a kindness I'll never forget. b) I'll never forget his kindness and the help he gave us.
8. In which sentence is the word passion countable? a) Maria has always had a passion for singing. b) Maria has always sung with great passion.
9. In which sentence is the word trust uncountable? a) All the money in the boy's trust was stolen by the lawyer. b) The boy's father shouldn't have put his trust in the lawyer.
10. In which sentence is the word vision countable? a) An accident at work has affected my vision, but my boss won't pay for treatment. b) Karl Marx had a vision of a society in which workers aren't exploited by their bosses.