Nouns that are Count and Noncount Quiz 5
1. In which sentence is the word aid countable? a) Don't you think the government should give aid to poor students? b) A computer is the best learning aid you can give to poor students.
2. In which sentence is the word business uncountable? a) Ben's advertising business has been very successful. b) He's given me some tips on how to succeed in business.
3. In which sentence is the word currency uncountable? a) How much local currency should I take with me? b) How many currencies were used in Europe before the Euro?
4. In which sentence is the word distribution countable? a) Our business plan covers marketing, sales and product distribution. b) We know the locations and distributions of all our customer types.
5. In which sentence is the word failure uncountable? a) Most people in business say they learned more from failure than from success. b) Most people in business experience a number of failures before finding success.
6. In which sentence is the word power uncountable? a) In future, Indonesia will develop into a significant economic power. b) In future, Indonesia's economic power will develop significantly.
7. In which sentence is the word success uncountable? a) Confidence will help you to make your business a success. b) Success in business will help you to gain more confidence.
8. In which sentence is the word time countable? a) When was the last time you failed an exam? b) You didn't spend enough time studying, did you?
9. In which sentence is the word trade uncountable? a) Maria wants to study the history of trade. b) Julio wants to learn a trade like plumbing.
10. In which sentence is the word work countable? a) How many of Mozart's works have been recorded by your orchestra? b) Has your orchestra had much work since they did the Mozart recordings?