The first edition of Word Up was released in 1992, and it has now become the world’s best-selling ESL board game. The latest editions are being used in over 70 countries in homes, schools, universities and language institutes including EF, ELS, Inlingua, the British Council, and many more.
What does Word Up test and develop?
- speaking, listening and reading skills
- vocabulary and spelling (British and American)
- phrasal verbs and collocations
- idioms and proverbs
- grammar and usage
- general knowledge – history, geography, science, the arts, sports, etc.
How does Word Up help students?
- provides a meaningful, non-threatening context for language practice and acquisition
- creates a positive attitude towards learning English
- encourages students to interact and communicate
- helps students feel comfortable with group activities
- boosts confidence in ability to use English in ‘real life’
How does Word Up help teachers?
- makes classes fun and interesting
- creates a friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- gets the whole class speaking and listening
- develops strong class cohesion
- strengthens rapport between teacher and students
- revitalizes class enthusiasm for learning
- can be used many times with the same students
- no preparation needed
- your employer will see you as a dedicated professional willing to obtain innovative classroom materials
How can Word Up be used?
- as a fun and useful activity for an entire 45-90 minute class
- as a 20-30 minute activity within a longer class
- as a start-of-term ‘ice-breaker’ to help students get to know one another
- as a fun break from regular study at any time during a course
- as an enjoyable end-of-term activity
- as an instant activity for teachers filling in for colleagues at short notice
- as an enjoyable way for students to improve their English at home
- suitable for a wide range of ages and levels
- players of different levels can play together
- playing time can be fixed to match class time
- for up to 6 individual players or up to 12 in teams
- answers to all questions included
- all materials packaged in an easy-to-carry box
- no additional equipment required
- made of high-quality, long-lasting materials
- easy to set up and can be used anywhere
- comprehensive ‘Guidelines for Teachers’ included
- 60-day money-back guarantee
FREE shipping!! Airmail delivery worldwide (usually 7 to 21 days depending on country)