8th Graders Looking for ESL students for Email Penpals!

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

kstevens

8th Graders Looking for ESL students for Email Penpals!

Unread post by kstevens »

Good Afternoon,

I am a teacher at a middle school in Portsmouth, VA. Almost all of my students speak English as a first language, but they are not the best writers. I would really love to find a teacher or two whose students would be willing to maintain an email correspondence perhaps once a week or once every two weeks or so. I feel that if I were able to stress that their pen-pals come from a different culture and speak a different language, my students may be extra careful in their wording and grammar and make tremendously improvements writing Standard English. I am not the only teacher at this school that is interested, so I would love to hear from any and all teachers that would be interested in participating.

The students are in the 8th grade and thus their ages vary from 12-15.

Please reply here with your information, or send me an email at kathryn.stevens@pps.k12.va.us
My suggestion is to do both, as my email is through the school and sometimes dislikes certain email providers.
brosskatz

Re: 8th Graders Looking for ESL students for Email Penpals!

Unread post by brosskatz »

Hi Kathryn,

I just moved from Arlington, VA to China last August. I am a college ESL teacher at Nanchang University in Nanchang, Jiangxi, China. I have 180~ English Majors who would be interested in starting pen-pal relationships with your students. Their writing proficiency varies widely, from very fluent to almost incomprehensible. Would you be willing to set up a penpal relationship between my students and yours?

I look forward to hearing from you!
Ross
Alexia

Unread post by Alexia »

Hello, Kathryn:

I´m a teacher at a small language school in a small town in SP, Brazil. Most of my students are doing English courses at a pre-intermediate level. We´re Brazilians, our first language is Portuguese and I´d be happy to have my students exchanging e-mails with yours not only to improve their English but also to make them interested in another culture. Write to me in case
you´re interested.

My e-mail address is
zoealmeida@yahoo.com

BEst,
Alexia
vista

Unread post by vista »

Hi Kathryn,
I´m a teacher at an English School in Bandung, Indonesia. I currently teach a wide variety of age groups and levels. I´d be happy to have my students exchanging e-mails or letters. They're really sociable and I think it will benefit all of our students. Contact me, if you're interested.

My e-mail: vista.puri.cendhani@gmail.com