Collaborative Project with 14-15 year-old students

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

ValerieB

Collaborative Project with 14-15 year-old students

Unread post by ValerieB »

Hello !
I am an ESL teacher in Québec, Canada. I have 3 groups of 24 students (therefore 72 students) with whom I would like to develop an online penpal project.
I was thinking using video capsules to introduce the realities of our country. For example, a capsule introducing food, traditions, popular sports, school life etc. With that, we could incorporate Skype or exchanging e-mails depending on our countries time difference or even start a Facebook page where our students could continue to share.

What do you think?
Would anyone be interested in such a project?
You can reach me at vbellemare@csenergie.qc.ca

Have a good day!

Valerie Bellemare
unclesam

Re: Collaborative Project with 14-15 year-old students

Unread post by unclesam »

Hello, My name is Ning, I am the head master of an English teaching school in China, most of my students are in elementary schools , range from 8-14 year-old, I would love to participate, however, we have a hard time to connect via Facebook due to governmental restriction. so ,I wonder if we could do something more upclose and personal, maybe, for instance ,each month , we can exchange a paecel where it may contains :photos, postcards,short videos, gifts for birthdays,ect.
In today's world, social networks are everywhere, but they all seem detached and unreal, a package , in my opinion,will close that gap.
If you are interested , please shoot me an email:ningzheng2005@yahoo.com
sivgams

Unread post by sivgams »

Hi, I'm Dr. Sivagami. I run a CBSE English medium school in Tirupur, TamilNadu, India. We are doing a project, Herbs - Vessels of Health as part of our British Council International School Award activities.Its about exploring herbs in India, China, Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia, getting to know their medicinal properties and their use as home remedies. Grades: 7 and 3. Age gp: 12-13 and 8-9 yrs. We are looking for a partner school from China for this project. We can communicate through class blogs and if you like, video conference using Skype. We can also exchange packages. If you are interested please contact me.
Have a wonderful day!
Regards,
Sivagami
zeeshan

Unread post by zeeshan »

Hello, My name is Ning, I am the head master of an English teaching school in China, most of my students are in elementary schools , range from 8-14 year-old, I would love to participate, however, we have a hard time to connect via Facebook due to governmental restriction. so ,I wonder if we could do something more upclose and personal, maybe, for instance ,each month , we can exchange a paecel where it may contains :photos, postcards,short videos, gifts for birthdays,ect.