Advice on Contacting Teachers?

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

chriswisp

Advice on Contacting Teachers?

Unread post by chriswisp »

Hi everyone

I work for a small non-profit and over the past year we've put together a really neat classroom learning app for kids aged 8 to 12. We put a lot of effort into it -- the app is packed with engaging text, multimedia, quizzes and so on -- but now we've suddenly realised that we don't really know how to approach US teachers.

It's quite awkward: a lovely product, just no way of raising awareness of it among the people to whom it should matter most.

Does anyone out there have any advice on the best way to reach American elementary teachers? As I said, we're a non-profit, so pretty much all our resources have gone to the app rather than to marketing.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Chris
active

Re: Advice on Contacting Teachers?

Unread post by active »

hi Chris,

I understand your difficulty in promote your product. Hope somebody in this club is your target teacher to help you. And the only way to go fast I think just marketing for your app.

As you described your product is target for kids and run non-profit, why do you need to approach teachers in the US ? may kids from the rest of the world use and learn from your app ?

If above answer is Yes, I can share the responsibility to promote it in Vietnam.

Regards.
chriswisp

Hi, Active

Thanks for getting back to me.

Our company is in fact an autonomous unit within a large, international university. Since our backers have poured so many resources into developing the app, the only way we're going to be able to get their investment back is by marketing the app to the biggest, richest educational market on the planet. We're a non-profit, but we certainly can't keep developing the app without a consistent revenue stream.

The app is very much accessible to children all over the world. In fact, that's one of our selling points: its content is truly global, covering everything from Ancient Greece to Angkor, chemistry to crocodiles. And since it's also fully narrated, it has plenty of potential as an ESL tool.

At this stage, however, we can't simply give the app away. It's taken a lot of time and money to put this thing together.

If you don't mind, I would like to know more about your opinion of the Vietnamese market and your access to schools and educators there. Please PM me at a time of your convenience and we can discuss this at greater length.

Thanks again!
johnsimpson
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Unread post by johnsimpson »

Do you have a website? How can the app be verified for quality, in order to consider a deal? Sorry I'm not American, I'm only British :)
chriswisp

Hi John

Sure, please do check out our website. It's www.discovermworld.com. You can also take a look at our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC52Hvs ... sGsf9n6KJQ), which comprises around 60 short videos, if you want to get a feel for the actual product.

Let me know what you think!
OhTheSpark

Unread post by OhTheSpark »

Hi Chris,

I'm not a teacher but have experience running education programs in the United States and needed to communicate with teachers and principals regularly.

1. Find teacher forums related to technology and education and post. Give several teachers access to the app for free and develop a relationship with them. If it's a good product they'll pass the word to their colleagues.

2. Teacher's emails are usually not made public. Try and get the email addresses of administrators of the school.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

-OTS
chriswisp

Thanks - much appreciated!