American school would like penpals from all over the world!

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

Olga

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the world!

Unread post by Olga »

Hi, Kristi!
I teach English in Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk oblast, Krivoy Rog. I want to show my students the way to use language for communication, for getting some information of culture and lifestyle of american students. I think this project and you personally could help me to show the benefits of learning English. Thank you :) And, by the way, I would like to improve my own knowledge of English.Because it is said live and learn, I guess it's my motto.
Bye!
hamdi2009

Unread post by hamdi2009 »

hello
i am hamdi srissar from dakhla ' Morocco ' i am a high school english teacher.
i have been teaching english for six years . Moreover; i am doing my master degree in communication studies i am about to defend my thesis it is about diplomacy .
importantly i am interested in sharing my modest experience in teaching with all teachers all over the world especilaly with teachers who are interested in using new technology in teaching methodology
i myself like to use all available technology materials in my class and with my students especially when i am doing an interactive activity
i am also interested in getting in touch with associations all over the world which are interested in exchange programms either students /students or teachers./teachers since i am the president of an association whose main goals in addition to exchange programs ,giving reinforcement courses in english language to poor students in my city.
hoping to hear from new friends all over the world
hamdi
OJO MENTOR

Unread post by OJO MENTOR »

Hi,

My name is Joanna and both myself and my husband who is a New Zealander are English teachers in Ostroda in Poland.
Our English Centre is opened in the afternoons and we do courses from beginners to Advanced. We have many high school students who would be interested in your project.

look forward to your reply
Joanna
teachforhope

Pen Pals in South Dakota!

Unread post by teachforhope »

Hello!

I am currently teaching at a Native American reservation in South Dakota and would love to have some pen pals for my students! I teach writing, grades 6-8, and have about 80 students. Please let me know if you would be interested in setting up a pen-pal exchange between our students through snail mail/regular post. I am sure my students could learn quite a bit from yours, and the different cultures could be very enriching for our students! Please email me at mysticwolf003@yahoo.com if you are interested!
Thank you for your time,
Alexa Talamo
Yullka

Unread post by Yullka »

Hello,
I'm a russian teacher of English. I've been teaching for 16 years. I'd be happy to give my students opportunity to take part in one of your projects. Please let me know what I should do to get involved in this interesting activity. My e-mail is julia-bot@mail.ru

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Yullka.
ushka

Unread post by ushka »

Hello!
I am interested in finding penpals for my students.I am a teacher of English in a Secondary School in Russia. I work with students. They are ages 11-17.Some of them have an access to computers,others prefer post mail.I would like to have someone to speak with.
merche

Unread post by merche »

Hi Kristie,
My name is Merche. I am a Primary School teacher teaching English as a foreign language to children aged 8 to 12 and I would really love to take part in a pen pal project.I have commented this idea to my pupils and they love it and they're very keen in starting this project. I think it's a good way to motivate and improve their language skills.

By the way I am from Spain. ( Caceres ) near Madrid. So the cultural exhange would be great even though my pupils are younger, it would be a great experience for them.

I would really like to hear from you soon.

Merche (Spain)
azulena

Spanish penpals look for English penpals

Unread post by azulena »

Hi everybody!!

My name is Susana. I am an English teacher from Spain (Valencia). I am really interested in finding pen pals for my students at Compulsory Secondary Education (14-15 years old). I think this is a very good opportunity to show our students the numerous advantages of learning English. They can communicate with people all around the world, they can get to know different customs and traditions, they can access to all sorts of information, among other things.

My students like the idea of getting to know students from English speaking countries, because they can improve their language skills at the same time they are having fun.

If you are looking for Spanish penpals, please contact me. Our students can help each other both in Spanish and in English.
susana.lopezperez@hotmail.com
veramaligina

Unread post by veramaligina »

Dear friends, I'm an English teacher from Ukraine, a nice country in the middle of Europe.
I'm just a beginner in surfing in the Internet, and was so glad to find your E-mail about looking for penpals from around the world.My students(13-14 years old) have been studying English for 5 years ( only 2 lessons a week). They are eager to change E-mails,to take part in your project.They will tell you about their hobbies, studies, after-
school activities, our customs and traditions.
We are looking forward to hear from you.
Hope to be your future penpals, 14 Ukrainian teens and their teacher-Vira
Maligina.
LyndaKay

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the wor

Unread post by LyndaKay »

Hi Kristi,

I work at a maritime university in Tampico, Mexico. My students would really like to participate in an e-pal program with your students!! My students range in age from 17 to mid twenties. I teach four groups of approximately 25 students each and my three colleagues also have four groups of approximately the same size. Is it too late for us to participate with you?

Our school's website is http://www.fidena.gob.mx/fidena where you can find out more about us and what we do. My students will be future captains and mechanical engineers for the merchant marine (commercial shipping industry) so English is really important for them.

Please let me know if we can fit into your project, because I think it would be a fun and rewarding experience for both our schools.

Take care,

Lynda Deckard Ramos
Last edited by Susan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed poster's email address
kainso

Unread post by kainso »

Hi,

I am a English Secondary school teacher and I am looking for a penfriend network for my students. For details, please contact me: soyunhinking@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Kain
norfhaziahamer

Unread post by norfhaziahamer »

My name is JIE. i am secondary teacher from Malaysia. i would like to join pen pal program for my students (age 13-17) in order to improve their proficiency in English. I would like my students to have a pen pal from all over the world who uses English as first or second language. i can be contacted through my email pa_gdcraz3381@yahoo.com . Hope to hear from you soon.
passang

Unread post by passang »

hi dear,

I am a english teacher in a tibetan school and the name of my school is Tibetan Children's Village school. It is situated to the south of India in Bylakuppe. I would be privilege to get to know about American way of teaching as well as the student's responses.I would also like to introduce my students and let them exchange their knowledge and experiences with your kids there. It would be an honour to get such opportunities for us. I am looking forward for your response and may we get in touch soon.
thank you and best regards
passang
english teacher
TCV school, bylakuppe
district mysore
karnataka state
passang

Unread post by passang »

hello dear,
you could contact me on pass_635@yahoo.com if you wish to communicate with tibetan teachers and students...
carthago

Unread post by carthago »

Hello Kristi,
My name is Beatriz and I teach at Pedro Peñalver High School in Cartagena, Murcia. Actually, the school is in el Algar, which belongs to Cartagena, in the southeast of Spain. I would be really interested in being your "pal" class. The students that could participate in the program would be those in the 4º ESO class, around 15 years old.
This group of students are not doing very well in English and I think that it would be very motivating for them to use the language to communicate with other teenagers. I am sure that my pupils will be really interested in this activity.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,

Beatriz
Anait

Re: American school needs penpals from all over the world

Unread post by Anait »

Dear Kristi,
My name is Anait. I`m Secondary English school teacher in Kaliningrad (Russia). I`m very interested in such projects. My students (age 12-17) are eager to have pan pals from America. My email is anait-m[@]mail.ru, please contact me about what we could do to begin our correspondence.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Anait
bochii

Unread post by bochii »

Hi,
I'm a teacher of English at one of small Russian schools. My students are from 8 to 16. All of them want to know English well. So they need practise. I'm sure that our communication will help my children write proper English and have fun. We'll accept all your proposals! My e-mail: bo4kareva.irina@yandex.ru
Looking forward for your reply,
Irina.
OlyaMural

Unread post by OlyaMural »

Hi, everyone!
I'm an English teacher in Ukraine.So I'm quite interested in finding some penfriends for my students. I guess that they can even communicate via skype. Who is interested in it?
oliamural@pochta.ru
Looking forward to your responds
Best regards,
Olya
sumel

Unread post by sumel »

Hello Kristi,
My name is Elena. I am from Russia. I am a teacher of English. My students are 12 years old. Their level of English is elementary. We would like to make a project and share our information, photos, pictures with English- speaking students. We are interested in the history, traditions, places of interest etc. of our region. I am looking for colleagues whose students have the same interests and want to tell us about the place where they live. I`ll be glad if you feel enthusiastic about this idea.. This is the first time I am making an attempt to make a project.
My e-mail: e13036@yandex.ru
Hope for your response
jonathank

Unread post by jonathank »

Hi, I'm Jonathan from Brazil.
I am a high school English teacher (students' age vary from 15 to 17 years old) and I would love to have my students interacting with native speakers of English or foreign speakers.
Please, contact me!
e-mail: jonathankulka@gmail.com
rashi

Unread post by rashi »

Hi,
I'm an English teacher from India teaching 15-17 year old boys. Are you still looking for penpals for your students? My students are interested in having penpals from other countries. Since they are from a rural background, they have very little exposure to English and are not so good at it. I personally think this is a good opportunity to create and sustain their interest towards the language. Further, we can exchange information.
Best regards,
Rashitha
nrashitha1996@yahoo.com
Eutimio

Unread post by Eutimio »

My name is Eutimio, I am an elementary teacher from Mexico city, my students are 3rd graders (9 years old) i know their level may be low, but i will be very glad if my students could get in touch with yours. I will also do a good effort to improve and increase my students level in order to make it worthy for your students. Our first language is spanish. Have a nice day teacher my e-mail is eutimiohb3@hotmail.com. Thanks a lot
rashi

Unread post by rashi »

Hello,

I'm an English teacher in India. I teach 15-18 year old boys who are not very good at English. I think the idea of having penpals abroad is a good one for my boys to improve their communicative abilities. Further, there seems to be scope for a cultural exchange too. My boys will be back after summer vacation in the first week of June. So, if we can get started in the meanwhile, we can immediately begin communicating.

Best regards,
Rashitha
India
nrashitha1996@yahoo.com
Isabelle

Unread post by Isabelle »

Dear Kristi,
I wish our school could become one of your partner school. I teach English to 15/16/17 year old students in the South West of france, I will have different classes next September and I would really like to get my students involved in any project so that they could practise their English and share other students' interests. Looking forward to hearing from you
Kind regards
Isabelle
samira

Unread post by samira »

Hello
Are you still looking for penpals : I teach English near Paris i have 30 students, sophomores, and I would be interested in an exchange with American students!
Please let me know if you are interested
Samira