How to Get a Teaching Job in China Read more: How to Get a

Questions and advice about careers and employment in TEFL. Do not post job advertisements here.

Moderator: Joe

User avatar
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm
Status: Teacher

How to Get a Teaching Job in China Read more: How to Get a

Unread post by avitasmith » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 pm

The majority of teaching jobs in China are for English teachers. A bachelor's degree is required, though not necessarily in English. Teachers who have experience and education certification may be eligible to teach at the American International Schools in China for U.S. government employee dependents as well. Landing a teaching job in China requires some preparation and advanced planning. Read on to learn how to get a teaching job in China.

Visit the Transitions Abroad website to get additional information on English as a Second Language (ESL) teaching jobs positions in China. You will find useful links to job postings, blogs and forums that all have information related to teaching ESL.

Visit the State Department's website to explore the option of teaching at the American Schools. Contact the American Schools listed on the State Department's website through their assigned recruiters or apply for available positions directly.

Apply online for teaching jobs in China at the Council of International Educational Exchange (CIEE), a trusted site that has an excellent record of accomplishment in overseas teacher placement.

Decide if you are willing to teach in a rural area or urban area. Facilities, housing and transportation may vary widely between cities and the countryside. In some cases, you will not be able to choose your assigned school.

Compare the salaries, housing, insurance benefits, transportation costs, workload and vacations as well as the job requirements for teaching jobs. Most reputable schools and their agents will provide these details.

Get your contract. Make sure you know the arrangements for transportation, housing, dependents and shipping.

Apply for a visa and residence permit. You will also need to make sure that your passport is valid for the required length of time.

Post Reply