Loooking for a GOOD CELTA centre

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

bendriss

Loooking for a GOOD CELTA centre

Unread post by bendriss »

Hello,
I intend to do my CELTA next summer. I am from Morocco and have already been teaching for a few years now. I want to do it in a GOOD centre regardless of the price. I did some research and have some options in mind now (IH London, IH Barcelona,). I want a centre with lots of experience in delivering the CELTA and a good reputation. Any help or advice is welcome. Thank you.
Susan

Re: Loooking for a GOOD CELTA centre

Unread post by Susan »

The two IH centres you mention have many years of experience in training.
emilykhansen

Unread post by emilykhansen »

Hi, I had a wonderful experience at International House Bogota. The trainers were excellent and offered their full support to everyone on the course. It was also a bit of an adventure for me as I had never been to South America but IH got me all settled in into a nice hacienda for the length of my stay. While the course was intensive as I expected it to be, I would recommend this location for anyone looking for an interesting experience in SA and also the qualification.
toddhooper

Unread post by toddhooper »

Hi, I also did my CELTA at International House Bogota in Colombia. The trainers and facilities there were brilliant and I have subsequently worked at that school.

I now work in Barcelona and a lot of my colleagues and friends have done their CELTA at IH here. They recommend it.

However, IH Bogota is owned by the same people as IH Barcelona so you can expect similar levels of quality in the course as the requirements are the same. For me I will always recommend Bogota for the experience and adventure. The likelyhood of walking straight into a job is higher there too.

Good luck,
Todd
DRobertKelly

Unread post by DRobertKelly »

I'd just like to echo the review for IH Bogota and add that the price can't be beat. Anywhere.
EnglishMalta

Unread post by EnglishMalta »

Have you considered Malta as a destination? There are 2 schools which have offered the course for a number of years now. The names of the school are IELS and NSTS.
lucybrade

Unread post by lucybrade »

thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.