TOEFL IBT teacher with a 98 score??

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

Toflwars

TOEFL IBT teacher with a 98 score??

Unread post by Toflwars »

Hello,

I just received a job offer from a language school about teaching a new TOEFL IBT prep. course. Now, I do have some teaching experience in my native language which is obviously not English however I don't have any experience in teaching or preparing for the TOEFL IBT exam. I took the test a couple of years ago and scored 98 points without any special preparation.

I do have serious doubts if I will be able to provide the required knowledge and expertise to be of some value for the students therefore I would highly appreciate if you guys could share your opinions and experiences on the topic.

It basically comes down to: should I take the course or just back off???

Thanks
quytiny

Re: TOEFL IBT teacher with a 98 score??

Unread post by quytiny »

Hii

Why do you think that you can not?
Although it was 2 years ago but I think that you may get a higher now :) . Just use all your knowledge, all enthusiasm, your experience when you studied and make an inspiration on your students.
Hope that this message not too late for you to take this challenge.
Gook luck :wink:
johnsimpson
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Re: TOEFL IBT teacher with a 98 score??

Unread post by johnsimpson »

Toflware. You might have already discovered what I'm about to say so late. So this is to help others. Language centres teach based on specific course books, and in your case it's TOEFL. So read some of these course of which your students will be using, and get the teachers' book also. Here's a link many language centres use.
http://www.pearsonelt.com/pearsonelt/pr ... ge?q=toefl