Why do you use this forum?

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

KandC

Why do you use this forum?

Unread post by KandC »

Hello Teachers!

Why do you use this forum as an English Language Teacher?

Thank you for your help!

KandC
Syl
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Re: Why do you use this forum?

Unread post by Syl »

Hello, KandC

In my case, as a non-native English speaker, it is important to be in contact with the language.

Besides, one can find many interesting discussions about doubts regarding grammar, or other issues in English.

But the utmost reason is trying to help either colleagues or English learners. Why do YOU use this forum? :-)
KandC

Unread post by KandC »

Thank you Syl for your reply. I really appreciate it. I am studying for a MA in English Language Teaching at DeMontfort University in Leicester. I'm using this forum as part of a mini research project in order to try to find out why English Teachers use forums like this one. Would it be OK with you to quote your comments as part of the results? Of course you do not have to agree. If you would like to find out any more details or get in touch with me here is my email:p14130962@myemail.dmu.ac.uk
I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Thank you

KandC
MariaRWolf

Unread post by MariaRWolf »

There are those that claim unless you have a Bachelor's Degree and also have been CELTA certified, you are doomed to horrible nightmare scenarios or scandalous conditions at the very best. On the other side, I am hearing that all you need is a relatively 'Accredited' TEFL certification and an adventurous spirit, and you are good to go. I am exaggerating slightly here, but both positions can't be entirely correct. Can they?
Rana imran
Syl
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Unread post by Syl »

KandC wrote:Thank you Syl for your reply. I really appreciate it. I am studying for a MA in English Language Teaching at DeMontfort University in Leicester. I'm using this forum as part of a mini research project in order to try to find out why English Teachers use forums like this one. Would it be OK with you to quote your comments as part of the results? Of course you do not have to agree. If you would like to find out any more details or get in touch with me here is my email:p14130962@myemail.dmu.ac.uk
I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Thank you

KandC
Hi, KandC
I'm so sorry I haven't answered due to personal problems. I hope my reply is still useful. Of course you can mention my comments as part of your research project.
Way to go!
:) Syl