Teaching in Turkey

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

gustav@femco

Teaching in Turkey

Unread post by gustav@femco »

Hi I am new to this site, and I cant find any forum topic on the site.

I would like to know if someone has any information about how it is teaching English in Turkey, like is it difficult in getting a job in Turkey.
yasmin_en

Hi

Unread post by yasmin_en »

Hi,
I am a new member, too. I am an English teacher in Turkey. My name is yasemin. Just call me as yasmin. Let's talk about teaching English in Turkey. Sometimes, in some rural areas, students say that "why do we learn English?" Some of them are not aware that English is a universal language and they will take advantage of it. And also, in some rural areas, some students even do not know Turkish well so it becomes really hard to teach them writing and reading in English or some grammar rules. But if the students are hard working, aware that English will be important for their career in the future, teaching this nice language becomes more enjoyable and easier. Also I must add that the role of the teacher is very important. I have a-two-year experience and up to now I have heard from many students whom I teach English that "Teacher, I have not liked English up to now, but now I like it thanks to you because your lessons are enjoyable." I mean, it is generally hard to teach another language, especially in public schools but if you know how to make the lessons both educational and enjoyable, the result will be better in most cases.

Have a good day,