What is the current trend in education?

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

marissaryan

Re: What is the current trend in education?

Unread post by marissaryan »

Online corporate learning is the new trends in education system.
yugabharathi

Unread post by yugabharathi »

Online learning is the current trend in education.
webprecision

Unread post by webprecision »

E learning i think is current trend in education and will stay for long time.
MarciaTeodoro

Unread post by MarciaTeodoro »

Good evening!
Talking about current trend in education, I would like to know where you are from and what kind of material you use in your classes.
linguisticslife

Unread post by linguisticslife »

Well I can only speak to my perspective, which has been as a substitute ESL teacher and a student learning how to teach! The US has enacted a Common Core Curriculum, which means that if your state receives funding you implement this curriculum. Unfortunately it tends to conform to the present mindset of a lot of educators, which is "skill-and-drill", that is, rote exercises in phonics and grammar outside of the context in which they're used. This contrasts with what I'm learning is the best way for students to learn English, which is to encounter language in an inquiry-based method around a real life problem and then having the teacher provide information, how to spell a word, etc. as it is needed. You mentioned in your other thread that you are teaching in Brazil. What is teaching English like there?
heatherbergman

Unread post by heatherbergman »

One Trend I see taking off is use of VR in Education and Training. Virtual Classrooms are now cropping up in rural government schools in Asia especially India. With VR, teachers are now able to teach more students and provide candidates with more learning opportunities.
I think, many coaching institutes in India have also taken up Virtual Coaching as a means to provide quality teaching to more students at a time. I see these technologies have a lot of potential in Education and Training. I read a story about VR in education and I found it very informative. Here's the link to the story ---> https://appreal-vr.com/blog/vr-education-and-training/
The article mentions how such technologies can be used to deliver advanced training in mining, surgical Healthcare and Military too.
riaarora

Unread post by riaarora »

We Encourages children to try more challenging areas, which accelerates their learning experience. Learning occurs at a comfortable pace for each student, rather than inflicting the same rate on every student in a classroom.
DzemikC

Unread post by DzemikC »

In my school there is a big move towards using (and adapting) authentic board games to practice language functions. If you want some examples, you can see some at TEFLGamer.com. For me, it symbolizes a move towards the gamification of study and learning. Exciting times!
yucha

Unread post by yucha »

Well educating using Video Conferencing is the latest trend going on . I think will expand in future too.
LeesaJohnson
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Unread post by LeesaJohnson »

Most of the persons prefer the use of the Internet and Social Media as a Teaching Tool. They can teach subjects without going anywhere, It is a big advantage for each one who wants to save time and money.
NickMiller

Unread post by NickMiller »

The popular trend of virtual and augmented reality has reached education, causing teachers a lot of questions about how these technologies can be used in the educational process. At the same time, many of the teachers, having heard about the technology, have not yet seen it live, because of which the reasoning is abstract in nature, far from the really applicable practice.
NickMiller

Unread post by NickMiller »

The popular trend of virtual and augmented reality has reached education, causing teachers a lot of questions about how these technologies can be used in the educational process. At the same time, many of the teachers, having heard about the technology, have not yet seen it live, because of which the reasoning is abstract in nature, far from the really applicable practice.