Chat about English teaching

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Joe

MARIEL

Chat about English teaching

Unread post by MARIEL » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:29 pm

Hello , my name's Mariel and I'm from Argentina. I'm a teacher of English and I'd very much like to chat with other colleagues from all over the world.
I'm looking forward to any invitation to chat and share ideas about English teaching in other countries.
Cheers ! :wink:

arlenem

Re: Chat about English teaching

Unread post by arlenem » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:47 pm

I'm sorry that I'm not online much these days. I hope you find a chatting pal! :P

sidan
Busy Member
Busy Member

Nice to know u!

Unread post by sidan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:28 am

Hi,
I'm Azzy. I am teaching at the primary school, in Thailand. Now I am studying for Master Degree i somewhere in Thailand. What about u ? What level are you teaching ?

MARIEL

Re:Reply to Azzy

Unread post by MARIEL » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi Azzy! I am teaching all levels at the moment because I own a private school together with two other colleagues and we have a good number of students of all age groups. To tell you the truth , I really like teaching adult students. I don't know much about English teaching in Thailand,but I can say that here in Argentina , learning this language is something very common and has become quite popular luckily!!
Regards from South America and write to me again if you want. Bye!!

mikey80

Unread post by mikey80 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi there,

I know the last response here was a few months back but I would like to chat about teaching too :D

I currently teach in England at my local college, so if anyone would like a chat, share thoughts etc that would be great :D

Thanks,

Mike

sidan
Busy Member
Busy Member

Unread post by sidan » Wed May 07, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi,
Actually I used to teach various kinds of students with many levels. In thailand and in my hometown we studied English since we were in the kindergarten but in government primary schools English is compulsory from grade 1 to six. However, they learn English only 2-3 hours a week. It is not enough for them to get expose to the language and in some areas we lack materials and English atmosphere as well as good English teacher. And many problems that I cannot tell u now. However, we as teachers do and try our best to build thier awareness and motivation in learning English.

Regards,
Sidan

Graziela
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

English Teaching: Lessons for your daily practice

Unread post by Graziela » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi, Mariel and other teacher that access this FORUM!....I'm not available for chat, but you can e-mail me if you want. I have been a teacher for ten years now and I have had experience teaching all ages and levels and in several teaching settings!
I'm working on a project that may be helpful to you! It's a great blog/site specifically for English teachers.

http://www.getenglishlessons.com

You can get great English Lessons, printable or for e-board use, all of them FOR FREE! All you have to do is DOWNLOAD the lessons to your computer!

Best wishes to all of you! And have a great TEACHING!

eric_p_m
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Unread post by eric_p_m » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:12 pm

Dear Mariel,

I have taught both Spanish and English in the US, Mexico, and China. Now, I primarily teach on-line and have students worldwide. If you would like to talk to me, feel free to visit my on-line school, http://www.eric-tesol.com/virtual_classroom.html , and click on the green "Live Help" button to open a secure chat window with me while I am working on-line. Any other color will just send me an e-mail.

Sincerely,

Eric Paul Monroe

http://www.eric-tesol.com/