Pen-Pal project with Malaysian university students

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

CupofTea

Pen-Pal project with Malaysian university students

Unread post by CupofTea »

I am teaching Malaysian university students (aged 19-21) and I would like to set up a class project where the students interact with students in a different country using email. My classes have between 20 to 30 students. Anyone interested?
indramuis

Re: Pen-Pal project with Malaysian university students

Unread post by indramuis »

CupofTea wrote:I am teaching Malaysian university students (aged 19-21) and I would like to set up a class project where the students interact with students in a different country using email. My classes have between 20 to 30 students. Anyone interested?
I am interested and willing. I am in.
Oleyna

Unread post by Oleyna »

Hello! I'm from Russia. My students are of the same age as yours and they would love to have penfriends.
CupofTea

Unread post by CupofTea »

Great. Thanks for the interest. I have sent you an email to sort out further details. I hope you get it.
cikgulin

Unread post by cikgulin »

Wonder if my students can also join the club? I'm teaching English in one of the Univ in Malaysia and some of my students are really weak as they don't have any genuine experience in using the language.
konyang

Unread post by konyang »

Hi.

I teach English at a Korean University. Maybe we can hook up. Our next semester starts at the beginning of March. I will be teaching a number of courses, but I think possible exchanges could be made in
  • + (TOEIC) Listening for freshmen

+ News listening for Senior English majors

+ Advanced tourism. In particular, this could be interesting. I am supposed to be working on nitt-gritty in this course, i.e., things like having the students knowing the Englith to be able to handle situations such as some-one losing a passport, getting sick, finding the restrooms, negotiating a bargain deal for a tour group, checking that every-one is on board the bus, determining interests in order to decide who goes whither.
And/or individuals could exchange independently of the classes.

But maybe we should start small, with just one class at first. What do you think?

Do Your students have access to headphones and microphones? If so, how about spoken exchanges (especially for my listening classes).

Kim Dammers, kdammers@yahoo.com
seillady

Unread post by seillady »

I would love to have my class join as well, if possible. I have 15 university students of the same age from Morocco. The class focuses on grammar in writing, so ideally I would like the pen-pal letter conversations to have a "grammar focus" theme (e.g. "modals of advice" and students could share stories of advice given, etc.).

If nothing else, it could just be a fun cultural exchange.

If anyone is interested, that would be great.
s.maderious@aui.ma