Online Resources for Teaching

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

timf

Online Resources for Teaching

Unread post by timf »

Hello,

I'm new to englishclub.com and was wondering what web pages teachers use in their ESL classes. what pages/sites do people use either in the classroom/for students homework, etc.
Last edited by Susan on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove link
wmteach

Re: Online Resources for Teaching

Unread post by wmteach »

This isn't specific to ESL, but have you checked out ReadWorks.org? There are great lesson plans (all grounded in research and aligned with standards) that might be really helpful for you...
Habbakuk

Unread post by Habbakuk »

I dislike premade classes found online. The main use of the Internet for me is gathering materials on a certain subject if I need it, mostly drill work examples on a certain grammar rule or stuff like that.
Replica Watches Swiss Cartier Replica Watches
At any rate, just Google something like "online ESL resources" and see what you get.
emilykrys

Unread post by emilykrys »

I agree with Habbakuk. I avoid using classes posted online for a number of reasons one thing is that I'm teaching kids that have learning disabilities and I find that its better to come up with my own class idea's to keep them interested and following the courses. The other reason is because some courses really don't seem good tools for teaching. I do however use some of the tips and suggestions which I find on sites which offer the information but I wouldn't use all of it. I like to pick and choose different idea's from sites and come up with my own idea's.
LyndseyP

Unread post by LyndseyP »

There are fantastic online resources including:

http://www.esljunction.com/
http://www.oxfordseminars.com/esl-teach ... /index.php

Hope this helpsLyndsey Pratt
Oxford Seminars