Ohio (USA) school looking for penpals around the world

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

ktfranklin

Ohio (USA) school looking for penpals around the world

Unread post by ktfranklin »

Greetings,
My name is Kiery Franklin and I'm a middle school teacher from Cleveland, OH USA. Our school is fairly new and we're looking to have an international theme next school year. We're trying to find some classrooms from other countries who'd like to write with us next year, starting in August 2010.

We have a total of 7 classes in our school ranging in grades from 5th (10 - 11 year olds) to 8th (13 - 14 years old). We'd love to have each class write to students from a different country in English, then have the students share what they've learned. We are hoping that this will get our students more interested in writing and help them learn about other cultures.

Thank you in advance,
Kiery
datamind

Re: Ohio (USA) school looking for penpals around the world

Unread post by datamind »

We are looking for pen pals.
I am an English teacher of the secondary school in Ukraine.
I live in the big city Kharkov. I teach the pupils of the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th grades ( the pupils are 14-16 years old ). We are looking for pen pals from all countries of the world to exchange the information about our countries and school events. The pupils of our school are taught English and German because it is a Special School of Foreign Languages.
judithhug

Unread post by judithhug »

Hello from Zürich, Switzerland

I'm new at this site and have just read your request for international pen-pals. I'm an American (from Massachusetts) living in Switzerland and teaching English at a public highschool here. I would be very happy to put my students in touch with Americans (they prefer learning American English to British English). So if you are still interested, please contact me.

Best regards

Judith Hug Hingston
nath

Unread post by nath »

Hi!!

I'm an English teacher in the South of France, and would very much like to have my pupils participate in the project. My pupils correspond to the grades 5 to 8 (11 to 15 years old). If you are interested please feel free to contact me on my mail : nathperpignan[AT]hotmail.com so as to tell me about the details of the project.

Thanks a lot!
mrray

Unread post by mrray »

hello from France
Are you still searching for schools ?
I have 12 to 15 years old pupils learning English and I think they really would enjoy corresponding with your pupils.
Best regards
Thierry Ray
Teacher of English
Last edited by Susan on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To remove poster's address
amogatito

Unread post by amogatito »

Hi there!

My name's Anastasia. My students are really interested in intercultural communication (all of them from 6 to 18)! We would enjoy taking part in such a pleasant way of developing English skills and having fun! =) Please write me back amo.gatito@gmail.com

Anastasia
Beatrice

Unread post by Beatrice »

Hello,
I'm an English teacher in the South of France, and I've Two groups of 28 pupils of 11 years old : they would very much like to exchange letters with yours students; if you are still interested, please let me know.
Beatrice
ElenaTrofimova

Unread post by ElenaTrofimova »

Hello! My name is Elena. I am from Russia and I live near a town which was named Gagarin in honor of the first cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, who was born in 1934 in the nearby village of Klushino.
I'm a teacher of English. My students are at the age of 10 - 12. We are looking for pen-pals from all countries of the world to exchange the information about our countries, hobbies, holiday, school activities and more in English. Please contact me at etrofimova2@gmail.com
xuanthuy

Unread post by xuanthuy »

Hi all,

I'm from Vietnamese and glad to beeing your penpals all over the world to share/exchange about information, activities, knowledge and others...

Can email to: nhimthuy@gmail.com

Thanks
carthago

Unread post by carthago »

Hello Kiery,
My name is Beatriz and I am a High School teacher from Cartagena, Murcia, in the southeast of Spain. I have a class that could be interested in writing to one of your classes. Perhaps it is too late because you have already found your partners and also our course finishes at the end of June.
Anyway I think it would be possible to start this year and perhaps the exchange could continue next course.

Best regards,
Beatriz
Anait

Unread post by Anait »

Dear Kiery,
My name is Anait. I`m Secondary English school teacher in Kaliningrad (Russia). I`m very interested in such projects. My students (age 12-17) are eager to have pan pals from America. My email is anait-m[@]mail.ru, please contact me about what we could do to begin our correspondence.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Anait
kathleen

Unread post by kathleen »

Hello. I've been teaching English Language since 2006.Education is not my major but my heart and passion is into it. I'm taking my MBA now because I want to be a professor. I teach in the morning for Japanese students and I work in another company in the afternoon. I'm a Filipina and if your students want to know more about Philippine Culture,you may send message to me. My email address is ksu_041585@yahoo.com
MssRocio

Unread post by MssRocio »

Hello , Iam an English teacher at a school in Argentina .My students are twelve and thirteen years old.We are interested in pen pals with English as their native language .

My email is rocio-agustina @ live.com.ar

Greetings
Bens

Unread post by Bens »

nath wrote:Hi!!

I'm an English teacher in the South of France, and would very much like to have my pupils participate in the project. My pupils correspond to the grades 5 to 8 (11 to 15 years old). If you are interested please feel free to contact me on my mail : nathperpignan[AT]hotmail.com so as to tell me about the details of the project.

Thanks a lot!

iam Ben from uganda. i a school with about 250 pupils. iam intrested in correspondance
MssRocio

Unread post by MssRocio »

Hello Ben , Iam Rocio an English teacher from Argentina .Iam interested in our students to exchange correspondance too .My e-mail is rocio-agustina@live.com.ar , I wait for your answer .

Greetings from Argentina

Rocío
natalia

Unread post by natalia »

Hi, my name is Natalia. I am from Israel. I am teaching 6th graders (11-12 years old). We are looking for students who will be glad to collaborate with us.
My e-mail is natalialevy@walla.co.il